krushin84

Does Your credit card age transffer over when taken over by a new company?

Capital one takin over HSBC soon and with that I'm wondering if my HSBC age of 4 years will continue or will it show up as a new account? When chase sold there Sony accounts to cap1 all my reports showed up as new account and my age went from 6 to 0.
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: Does Your credit card age transffer over when taken over by a new company?

krushin84 wrote:
Capital one takin over HSBC soon and with that I'm wondering if my HSBC age of 4 years will continue or will it show up as a new account? When chase sold there Sony accounts to cap1 all my reports showed up as new account and my age went from 6 to 0.

My Household bank kept it original opening date.   It is showing as Captial One on all 3 reports.   This is how it usually works in my experience.  

krushin84

Any idea on how I could get back my opening date? Or is it too late?
Frequent Contributor
OptimasPrime

Call cap one executive office and plead your case. Don't waste your time with their frontline reps as they are notorious for being unhelpful 

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Regular Contributor
MontegoMack

I have a BBRZ MC and for a couple months it showed up as 2 lines - one for HSBC and the other as Cap One. Now it's only one line: Cap One. The good thing is that it's showing my original date opening with HSBC.

BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa 5k
Chase Freedom 9k
BBRZ MC 800 (SD)
krushin84

Where could I find the exec. Number?
Frequent Contributor
OptimasPrime

I thought for sure it would be in the backdoor numbers sticky but it's not. It does seem to be a hard.number to find. Hopefully someone else here has called the exec office before and is willing to help you out.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}