Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Zync help with util?

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Does Zync help with util?

@tinuviel wrote:

My understanding is that it does not count on the newer scoring models. The EQ that you get from here does not factor it in for util. But, the TU from here does; however, it's not the latest model.

If I'm wrong, then I hope that someone will correct me. But, this seems to hold true for the way usage on my Green affects my util.

You are correct, the TU98 FICO sold here at MyFICO does include charge card balances towards your revolving utilization.   

All other FICO scoring models, from EQ, TU, or EX do not count it.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Fortunately most lenders don't use TU98, so I won't worry abou it.Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yep, you are right, it's the "old" TU FICO ~ can't recall hearing of any creditors that use it, they've moved on to TU 04 or 08
Message 13 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:
Yep, you are right, it's the "old" TU FICO ~ can't recall hearing of any creditors that use it, they've moved on to TU 04 or 08

Actually there are still millions of TU98 pulls done each year but the move is definitely towards the newer versions.

Message 14 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Ok ~ thanks for the clarification !! So some companies still use it, but likely fewer will as they upgrade to the newer models...
Message 15 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:
Ok ~ thanks for the clarification !! So some companies still use it, but likely fewer will as they upgrade to the newer models...

Ther's no doubt about that. But the credit world can move awfully slowly when it comes to change. (In case you haven't noticed)   Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
Open123
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Wow! That's cool! Thank you. Smiley Very Happy

Fortunately, my util isn't an issue, but that's because I pre-pay before the stmt cuts. It would be nice to not have to do that. Definite perk to having  a charge card. Smiley Happy

One of the best attributes about using a charge card is not having to micro-manage it.  Just charge, and pay whatever amount is due.  There's no need to pay in frequent increments or before the due date.  AmEx prefers single payments in full rather than prepay or a bunch of little ones.

In my reports, my charge card balances are never reflected in utility.

Message 17 of 21
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Actually there are still millions of TU98 pulls done each year but the move is definitely towards the newer versions.

Yeah, Barlcays pulled my TU98 score. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 18 of 21
spengbab
Regular Contributor

I read that AMEX reports its charge balances as open lines of credit so it does not report in credit card balances and won't help or hurt util rates. Some charge cards by companies are reported in the FICO score. Seems like a YMMV thing. The link has a good description of it and a good graph detailing who reports what.

http://www.cardhub.com/edu/no-preset-spending-limit-2010/

Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 19 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

That's a great resource! Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.