cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a pre-approved offer from discover ,online mean you will get the card?

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Does a pre-approved offer from discover ,online mean you will get the card?

Just wanted to know if the Discover pre- approval  site is 100% correct when it says congratulations you are pre-approved for these cards. I punched in my name and it says IM sorry we have no pre-approval offers for you. Punched in my husbands name and it says congratulations you are pre-approved for these cards.  My question is , will he get the card if he applies or what does this mean exactly? Every time I have ever checked my name it does not recognize me even though I got a discover more card on Dec 10th 2011.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: Does a pre-approved offer from discover ,online mean you will get the card?

RE:  Does a pre-approved offer from discover ,online mean you will get the card?

No. better chance maybe but not 100%

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 2 of 4
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

It's been said pre-approvals are not guaranteed, however I was always denied for Discover until I saw that pre-approval. I would check it daily, never had an offer. Applied a couple of times and was denied. The very day I got the pre-approval, I applied and was approved. That was my experience with Discover, and as always YMMV, but I'd think your husband would be good to go.
Message 3 of 4
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Agreed. Better chance, but not 100%
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.