Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does adding AU affect credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have added my wife as an AU on my 3 CC's. I have a clean report while she has few baddies. Will it show on my and her CR? Will it affect my or her credit score positively or negatively? All bills will be paid out in full every month.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Does adding AU affect credit score?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I have added my wife as an AU on my 3 CC's. I have a clean report while she has few baddies. Will it show on my and her CR? Will it affect my or her credit score positively or negatively? All bills will be paid out in full every month.

Thanks

Since your report is clean, hers will most likely benefit. Her history should not affect your score, as you are ultimately responsible for the account's use and balances. It will report on her CR, and I believe AU status does not report on the account holder's CR. If I am mistaken, someone will correct me.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Depends on the scoring model.  Some factor in accounts where one is an AU, some do not.

@Anonymous wrote:

Will it show on my and her CR?

Another question that doesn't have a one-size-fits-all answer.  Depends on the creditor.  Some report accounts where the individual is an AU, some do not.  An account will definitely report for the original account holder.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few weeks ago I was added to my friends cards (AMEX, Discover, Cap1) So far Amex has started reporting (all 3 bureaus) and it has raised my score 23 pts on TU 33 pts on Equifax. Still waiting to see affects of other cards.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.