cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does an authorized user on Amex SPG CC get the same benefits as the original cardholder?

tag
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: Does an authorized user on Amex SPG CC get the same benefits as the original cardholder?

@09Lexie wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

What additional benefits are you looking for that you don't already get with your other Amex cards.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Well, i wanted to know if the AU get his/her own starpoints...I'm planning on transferring starpoints to Delta. I need 240 (Already have 103K) skymiles for a trip in July of next year. i figured the longer i wait, the more points i'll need. My GF still hasn't used her bonus points from the SPG (25k), so we're planning on putting all spending on the SPG till December and transferring some Starpoints to my Delta skymiles account and hers.

AFAIK you'd be earning starpoints for the primary cardholder when you use an AU card. 

Correct.  Surprised you would try your luck so close after the FRSmiley Frustrated

+1

Message 11 of 12
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Does an authorized user on Amex SPG CC get the same benefits as the original cardholder?

@370Z wrote:

You have 4 revolvers and 1 charge card with Amex. According to other posters, the maximum is 4 revolvers, so your app was automatically denied.

Well, you guys are right. I guess i shouldnt poke the bear. I'll give it a rest. 

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.