cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does any body have hard time to speak with a Barclcard rep ???

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Does any body have hard time to speak with a Barclcard rep ???

@mskennedy wrote:

well ,why don't they have a call center in US.I hate when i call some phone company set the call ceter in overseas (Such as Metropcs ,starightalk) Drive me nut.I don't want cc company do that kind of thing neither 

because it is a lot cheaper overseas. According to an Accenture report I read back then, 1 call rep's wages in the US is equivalent to 7 overseas rep's wages. And then there's lower costs in maintaining a call center overseas as well, due to tax incentives, rent, etc etc. Sad, but true.

Only certain companies keep their call centers in the US. Discover and Chase CSP CSRs are all US Based. Not sure about the rest of the other Chase CSRs.

Some other banks have all local CSRs either but they don't advertise or reveal anything about it so it is hard to tell.

American Express is one of the more prominent ones for having offshore reps. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. Sure, it does makes the entire process really irritating and frustrating when it's hard to communicate with them, but it is more a problem of inadequate training than anything else. I have never had any problems communicating with Amazon's offshore representatives.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 19
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

When I first called for the Rewards MC, I got a foreign rep. When I called for a PC (Total of 5 times), I got an American rep everytime, including the 4 times I was transferred.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 12 of 19
mskennedy

Make sences ,but i'm scard of oversea rep .........,Do you know the priceline card rep is in Amecia or India ?

I love credit card
Message 13 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

American Express is one of the more prominent ones for having offshore reps. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. Sure, it does makes the entire process really irritating and frustrating when it's hard to communicate with them, but it is more a problem of inadequate training than anything else. I have never had any problems communicating with Amazon's offshore representatives.

From the perspective of a US customer, all I care about is when I do call, the CSR speaks fluent English.  

It would help if the CSR gets the indiosyncracies of American English, but not essential.  So long as I can communicate in English easily and they're empowered to offer me solutions at or near that of domestic reps, I couldn't care less whether they're foreign or not.  

I would only care if the rep isn't fluent in English or had an accent I have trouble following easily.  This is only because I feel that if a company offers and advertises its services in America, their call centers to American customers should speak fluent English; just as I would expent fluent French or Chinese, if I were a native French or Chinese calling on the same credit card offered in my native country.

Message 14 of 19
mskennedy

do you think barclcard pass ?

I love credit card
Message 15 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

@mskennedy wrote:

do you think barclcard pass ?

Me? 

The only times I've called them were to try and persuade them to give me an extra US Air card for the bonus.  During this exchange, I had little trouble understanding their suspicions that I was out to "churn" their cards with little interest on using them.

So, I'd have to say, they understood me perfectly.  LOL

Message 16 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ Rhaeny and RyVision

I think you both are correct. Tanyasf 2.0 😖
Message 17 of 19
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@ Rhaeny and RyVision

I think you both are correct. Tanyasf 2.0 😖

+1

Guess she doesn't think we'd be smart enough to figure this one out eh?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 18 of 19
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is locked and under moderator review.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.