Frequent Contributor
7PM789

Does anybody know... ?

Why Discover and Cabelas no longer have the gift card deal (Redeem $40.00 cash back in exchange for a $50.00 Cabelas gift card) also I don't see them on the "shop Discover mall" web page. Is this perhaps a tactic to encourage more people to apply for the Cabelas Visa?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL - Discover More - $7.5k - Sam's Club Discover - $10k -
Walmart Discover - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $5.5k - Chase Freedom - $2.2k -
W.M.TU-775(July/14/) EQ-726(July/12) EX-753(Jan/13)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .

Frequent Contributor
scientifics

Re: Does anybody know... ?

One can only guess as to the reason. Sometimes things dissapear and reappear from the Discover Cashback pages though, so if you are interested in the gift card or extra cashback, give Discover a call!

Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay

I doubt that Discover would want Discover cardholders to apply for someone else's credit products.

Maybe Cabelas didn't see a good enough return for the discount offered thru Discover.  Or maybe Cabelas saw a great return, and did sign up tons of folks for their branded card.

Or maybe Discover and Cabelas couldn't agree to terms, such as when cable companies stop carrying certain channels for a while because of contract disputes.

But, to answer your question....  yes, somebody knows!!!   It's just not me, is all.

Sorry.

Frequent Contributor
7PM789

Uborrow-Upay :
"I doubt that Discover would want Discover cardholders to apply for someone else's credit products."

I think that it may have been cabelas that pulled out as partners on the redemption deal not Discover.
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL - Discover More - $7.5k - Sam's Club Discover - $10k -
Walmart Discover - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $5.5k - Chase Freedom - $2.2k -
W.M.TU-775(July/14/) EQ-726(July/12) EX-753(Jan/13)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+