Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody pull TU anymore???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody pull TU anymore???

I am in GA and looking for a credit card or loan for debt consolidation.  My TU scores are a lot better than EQ so I would love to find someone who pulls TU only.  Anybody??  Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Re: Does anybody pull TU anymore???

Can't tell you about GA, but I'm in AZ and the following pulled TU for me.

State Farm

National City

UMB

Gemb

Discover

Message 2 of 11
rabdelr
New Contributor

I would recommend using www.whogavemecredit.com and enter your information into the database to get a general idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money"
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it." ~Bob Hope
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper/Barclays pretty much always pulls TU. Discover seems to alternate..they could pull any of the 3.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a great site.   I wish I had known before I applyed at a bunch of places.
Message 5 of 11
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I also live in GA and Discover pulls TU only.  Be advised though, they do a hard pull for CLI's also.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

Itsmeagain wrote:
I also live in GA and Discover pulls TU only.  Be advised though, they do a hard pull for CLI's also.

unlike Chase this is reportedly not always the case.  posts indicate soft increases can be granted.  cli requests are apparently eligible for consideration in 6 months intervals.

it seems discover hard inq for cli has come into play mostly if you request more than they're willing to give w/o it, unless policy has recently changed.  they pulled TU for me in NY.

Message Edited by score_building on 04-30-2009 02:12 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 11
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

What would they consider a 'modest' increase?  5%, 10%, etc.?  They also will only consider a CLI a min. of 6 mo. after your last CLI.

Guess I'm not very modest . . . . Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Itsmeagain on 04-30-2009 05:09 AM

Message 8 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

i remember seeing some numbers being recommended, i think it was something like up to 60% that it has been suggested is less likely to trigger a HP but i can't remember exactly the figure or if the theory is now applicable. 

i know that some have posted that they've aborted their automated telephonic request if transferred to a csr., under the idea that their request could be heading for a HP.  not everyone seems to concur that it is always an HP, even when tranferred to a csr.  perhaps a caller still has a chance to retract/revise the amt. if they ask b4 the csr places the request..?

Message Edited by score_building on 04-30-2009 03:12 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 11
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

i remember seeing some numbers being recommended, i think it was something like up to 60% that it has been suggested is less likely to trigger a HP but i can't remember exactly the figure or if the theory is now applicable. 

i know that some have posted that they abort their automated telephonic request if they are transferred to a csr., under the idea that their request could be heading for a HP but not all seem to concur that it is always an HP, even when tranferred to a csr... maybe one still has a chance to retract/revise the request b4 they put it through if you ask? 

Good to know. Thanks, I'll remember that.  Have to avoid those hard pulls for next 11 mo. 1 day . . . <g>

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.