cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone apply for BOA credit cards anymore?

tag
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Does anyone apply for BOA credit cards anymore?

Really happy wtih BofA. They are my primary bank with direct deposits, they gave me a HP CLI last month, I went 2K to 15K in two days. Very professional and nice Credit Analysts too.

Message 31 of 33
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

I wanted to apply for the ''Bank Of America Amex'' but that has been discontinued as of 2/2014. Never mind.

Just the ''Asiana Amex'' is available on their site that I am not really interested.

Overall I am happy with BOA (the Bankamericard Visa-chip+sig is workin' all around the world) and surely they will thrive my great expectations in the future.

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 32 of 33
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@DaylightSlaving wrote:

@Weights wrote:

I've never and have no desire to apply for a BOA card due to repeated reports of bad service.  Although I don't have any personal experience with them, friends and family of mine have, and very little good experiences was mentioned to me.  I've heard of random apr hikes, rude reps, etc.  The same thing more or less happened to me when I banked with US Bank as well.  There are too many other banks and credit unions that have better reputations and experiences with for me to do business with such companies.  I'm not about to give a bad apple a chance to ruin my credit via an underhanded tactic, even if legal.  Just as they can be picky about who they approve, consumers should be with whom they choose to do business.  Regardless, if you end up with an account from them, I hope all goes well for you. 

+1

The way they treat my father (who's been banking with them since 1982) is disgraceful. Rude. Rude. Rude. No thanks!

I had a bad taste in my moth with BoA from their mistreatment of my parents over a decade ago.  That being said, I gave them another chance.   One of my cards is the Merrill+ and it appears to be handled by a different tier of CSRs.  The other is the Fid Amex, so far I havent had to deal with them

+1 I have the same problem with Chase unfortunately. They were always horrible service in this area (South Florida). But it seems like many people on this forum favor them over BofA big time which I find weird. Looking at the cards that Chase is coming out with, I'm willing to forgive them if I decide to pursue more credit. Truth to be told, I had BofA since 2005 and never had one problem with them. With Chase, I ran into overdraft fees twice in 2 months although the account had over 5k in it (very weird I admit). I guess it just depends on where you live at.

Also to OP, BofA is a prime lender (just like Chase and WF) and as said before the underwriters criteria is similar to other prime lenders. The best way to get in (if lacking credit or have low scores) is open up a secured card through BofA as they're one of the lenders that do graduate cards after certain period of time (usually a year to 15 months)

That's a great card, I wanted that card in the near future!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.