cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else get these offers even though you may not qualify for the card?

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Does anyone else get these offers even though you may not qualify for the card?

I have flown Delta exactly once and I got offers to apply for Amex Delta few times every year for last couple of years. I got Amex Optima after paying off Amex and the contract to get Amex Optima is you can't apply for any card for one year (Well you get declined) and no CLI. When I go to to Amex Pre-approval page and try to look up all I get is error: page not found after I submit. This only happens when I try it with my info.

I am just curious if that offer from Amex Delta means anything at all.

delta.png

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
someg33k
Established Contributor

Re: Does anyone else get these offers even though you may not qualify for the card?

Delta marketing sends me these once in a while. Just got the 40k bonus miles offer a couple days ago. Keyword there being "marketing" of course. There is never any sort of "opt out" message at the bottom.

Message 2 of 6
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone else get these offers even though you may not qualify for the card?

Even a few years ago when I knew my credit was terrible I got tons of Marriot Rewards and United CC offers.  There are some offers which are "pre-approval" offers, others are just marketing junk.  

Message 3 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I feel like I get delta offers once a day. It's probably like once a week though. Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

People get offers and prequals all the time.  They're just marketing.

@darwin_wins wrote:

Like any other marketing it means that the company wants you to buy into the product.  That's all it means.  Don't try to derive additional meaning from it.

Use your needs/wants to select products that suit you.  Don't let a company's marketing department decide for you.

Message 5 of 6
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

People get offers and prequals all the time.  They're just marketing.

@darwin_wins wrote:

Like any other marketing it means that the company wants you to buy into the product.  That's all it means.  Don't try to derive additional meaning from it.

Use your needs/wants to select products that suit you.  Don't let a company's marketing department decide for you.

Yea I really don't care for Delta Amex. I was just wondering because of Optima Amex card restrictions and always getting this in my email. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.