cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else have bad experiences with Chase cards...

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

Does anyone else have bad experiences with Chase cards...

they seem to be the most unfriendly credit card I have. you would think as big as they are, they would be more customer friendly. I have already paid one off and have reduced the other to 55% utilization and they still won't lower interest rates.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone else have bad experiences with Chase cards...

Try to PIF the card with 55% utilization on it.  The sock drawer them for a few months.  Call them back then and negotiate.  You will have more leverage then. 

Basically, they have no incentive to lower your % rate when you are carrying a balance on your card. 

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only problem I have with Chase is that they are really hard-nosed and unmoving. I appd for what I thought was the co-branded CC card (lets face it the interest rate on that one sucks as well) but was only approved for a store card. IT was okay at first cause I knew that I had a 7 year old BK on file but I didn't see the point with the limit on the store card being what it was why not just approve the co-brand?

Hopfully they don't think I will jump at the chance for one of their bigger sucker cards as acording to EQ, despite the BK (all included med bills have been removed) I have 10 years of perfect payment history...go figure.

My kid used to get prepp'd offers from them at 25% interest because he only had AU accounts on file, he was getting Amex Gold Rewards offers at the same time.

Message Edited by Brammy on 10-21-2007 03:39 PM
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

For my first post I want to say Chase has irked me in a big way.  I got the card last November with an 8.99% fixed rate.  Today I got a notice saying they were increasing to 24.something as of December.  I called and asked what's up with this and was told it's because I have high balances on other credit cards.  That's funny, I paid off ALL my high balance credit cards nearly 2 months ago, including Chase.   I have used Chase since then, and only Chase.  I shredded the other cards (Providian x 2, Capital One x 2 - they had seriously high interest).  Anyway, I ended up speaking to a girl in the lending department and with very little fuss (this scares me), she said no problem, your APR will remain at 8.99%.  I don't get it.  I've never been late on my Chase card and my house is financed with Chase and I've never been late on that. 

I feel better now.

Now for the numbers:  As of 9-27-07 (One CC balance was still showing)

Experian 744
Equifax 703
TransUnion 728
Message 4 of 9
John060675
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting the APR lowered back to where it should be!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
For my first post I want to say Chase has irked me in a big way. I got the card last November with an 8.99% fixed rate. Today I got a notice saying they were increasing to 24.something as of December. I called and asked what's up with this and was told it's because I have high balances on other credit cards. That's funny, I paid off ALL my high balance credit cards nearly 2 months ago, including Chase. I have used Chase since then, and only Chase. I shredded the other cards (Providian x 2, Capital One x 2 - they had seriously high interest). Anyway, I ended up speaking to a girl in the lending department and with very little fuss (this scares me), she said no problem, your APR will remain at 8.99%. I don't get it. I've never been late on my Chase card and my house is financed with Chase and I've never been late on that.
I feel better now.
Now for the numbers: As of 9-27-07 (One CC balance was still showing)
Experian 744
Equifax 703
TransUnion 728

Google "universal default." Wikipedia has a pretty good entry. Everyone should pull out their terms and conditions, or call their CCC's, and see if they could be hit with this.

Nice scores! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
For my first post I want to say Chase has irked me in a big way. I got the card last November with an 8.99% fixed rate. Today I got a notice saying they were increasing to 24.something as of December. I called and asked what's up with this and was told it's because I have high balances on other credit cards. That's funny, I paid off ALL my high balance credit cards nearly 2 months ago, including Chase. I have used Chase since then, and only Chase. I shredded the other cards (Providian x 2, Capital One x 2 - they had seriously high interest). Anyway, I ended up speaking to a girl in the lending department and with very little fuss (this scares me), she said no problem, your APR will remain at 8.99%. I don't get it. I've never been late on my Chase card and my house is financed with Chase and I've never been late on that.
I feel better now.
Now for the numbers: As of 9-27-07 (One CC balance was still showing)
Experian 744
Equifax 703
TransUnion 728

Google "universal default." Wikipedia has a pretty good entry. Everyone should pull out their terms and conditions, or call their CCC's, and see if they could be hit with this.

Nice scores! Smiley Happy

Juniper SAYS they don't go in for universal default
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They need to think again.  I haven't been late on anything else.  The bottom line is they suck and when I find something better, they're outta here!!!!!  I choose who to get screwed by and it won't be them.
Message 8 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

So far I have had no problems with them and the CSRs speak English and seem to be located in the US, which always helps Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.