cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else have problems with Orchard Bank Customer service?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone else have problems with Orchard Bank Customer service?

I just applied for a secured card and they gave me a unsecured card for $300. I call to speak with customer service rep and they were not help at all, I rather talk to the automated system as their answers were not helpful at all. The online customer service was the same. I kinda regret applying now but I need the card. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone else have problems with Orchard Bank Customer service?

First congrats and Hi

While applying for a secured card with Orchard and receiving an unsecured card should be looked at in a more positive aspect. Means they feel your credit is more favorable for an unsecured card which IMO is a good thing. The only bad thing is that Orchard is not very well known to offer or give CLI, so you will be at $300 for awhile, where as a secured card you could keep depositing funds into your account and raise your CL as you feel needed. 

Dealing with Orchard CSR's from what I have heard is never really a good experience, most is out-sourced and not very helpful.

IMO I would let the card age and follow the advice of the forums to pay monthly (in Orchard card 4-5 days before the last business day of the month which is when Orchard reports) and leave a small balance to report on statements (about 10 a month or less since your CL is 300) and then as soon as statement reports PIF so no interest is paid. This will have a good impact on your scores and CR's as time progresses. 

Good Luck 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

It took me almost 5 months to get a secured card from HSBC.   A little frustating but I like the card.  I suggest you keep the Orchard card and get another secured card from someone else.  

I also have a secured card from Capital One which I also like.   If you need a bigger limit, it is very easy to add money to your deposit, whenever you want.  

Message 3 of 4
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

It took me almost 5 months to get a secured card from HSBC.   A little frustating but I like the card.  I suggest you keep the Orchard card and get another secured card from someone else.  

I also have a secured card from Capital One which I also like.   If you need a bigger limit, it is very easy to add money to your deposit, whenever you want.  

+1

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.