Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else have this feeling?

tag
cakebuilder
New Contributor

Re: Does anyone else have this feeling?

your goal was accomplished in that your score improved. i dont think new CCs validate much. but, good job!

.......$23k....................$8k......................$2k

Current FICO EQ: 775, EX: 764 | Current FAKO CK: 788

Message 11 of 26
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

You can fiind a new goal.  You may have reached a peak in credit but credit is only one part of the personal finance picture.  Credit only gives you the ability to borrow money and the better your credit they less you will pay to borrow money.  Yes, on this board we are all trying to take advantage of signing bonuses and transaction based rewards but it's easy to peak there too. 

You can easily pick another personal financial goal.  Grow investments or savings, build a personal business, etc.  Or you can simply relax and enjoy the flexibility your hard work gives you Smiley Happy

Don't worry about feeling a bit of a loss now that you have acheived a goal.  That is TOTALLY normal. I see it all the time with myself and my friends.  Many people end up a little lost and not knowing what the next step is when they acheive a milestone like finishing their Masters or PhD, or successfully completing a race that they trained for like a marathon. 

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 12 of 26
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

+1 @cakebuilder

OP, your credit cards aren't toys nor should you treat them as symbols of status. That's where so many people screw up. Pat yourself on the back: be proud you turned your credit risk around and now if you need ityou have the credit available for emergencies or even carefully planned spending. Don't even worry about your score. Just keep paying on timer and that FICO will rise in time.

Focus on other important areas of your life and find pleasure there.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 13 of 26
rubbinitout
Valued Member

unlucky, be thankful you accomplished your goal. You put in the hard work over years, so now enjoy it.

If you still feel unsatisfied, pick up a new hobby, and learn to master it too!

Message 14 of 26
vpae
Established Contributor

@unlucky_hove wrote:

I struggled for so long to get my credit up to a satisfactory point. I started out with horrible credit and the only card i qualified for was Orchard bank, credit one, etc. I finally reached a point where my credit score is now considered excellent and can get any card i want (within reason). Now that I have every card I dreamed of having with prime lendors (Amex, Discover, etc.) I dont have anything to look forward too. Its like having a ferrari in the driveway but not being able to take it for a spin to show it off. Its kind of a odd feeling not working towards a certain CC?   Should i strive for an 800 and after I hit that, what then?

You just need more goals, higher goals, and continue to push and don't stop until you get there. And when you get there, challenge yourself further. (Like all things in life, right?)

I could think of a few things.. You can be the first to have a CreditOne, FirstPremier, and a Palladium, Centurion, in your wallet. You could create your own Credit Card and make it so hard to get, even you can't get it without being denied a bunch of times first. Or the ultimate challenge of all time... you can try to have more cards than Ron. lol Smiley Very Happy

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 15 of 26
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Work toward getting that 800 cs and getting higher cl's on your existing ones.  This is what I am doing and it is just as satisfying, at least it is for me.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 16 of 26
from500to700
Regular Contributor

As long as that Palladium and Cenurion Black in the wallet Im not done , :-)

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 17 of 26
adavis425
Established Contributor

@unlucky_hove wrote:

I struggled for so long to get my credit up to a satisfactory point. I started out with horrible credit and the only card i qualified for was Orchard bank, credit one, etc. I finally reached a point where my credit score is now considered excellent and can get any card i want (within reason). Now that I have every card I dreamed of having with prime lendors (Amex, Discover, etc.) I dont have anything to look forward too. Its like having a ferrari in the driveway but not being able to take it for a spin to show it off. Its kind of a odd feeling not working towards a certain CC?   Should i strive for an 800 and after I hit that, what then?

Wow, had that very thought this morning; even posted about it a while back. Looked at the Everyday, but it's not tempting me at all. So, yeah, I'm just working my way to 800. Not sure what to do after that. Smiley Indifferent 

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 18 of 26
BootStraps
Established Contributor

There are other things to do after 800.

Work toward a perfect 850

See how long you can stay at 850

Beat your previous 850 record

Ultimately, when the credit score is that high pushing further is more of a game than a striving. If it isn't fun then just don't.

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 26
DawgZ
Contributor

Well....you could take a cash advance against all your cards to the full CL, declare bankruptcy, let your cards charge off then wait until the collectors call. Now imagine the fun you could have going through all this process knowing exactly what to do to get back to 700 credit scores....its an option. Smiley Happy

My Wallet - Cap1 Visa Signature $13k, Chase Saphire Prefered $13.5k, Well's Fargo Rewards $10k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC $6.5k, Cap1 Quicksilver V $4k, Chase Freedom $9k, Discover IT $7.5k, Amex BCE $34k, Amazon/Chase $2.5k,PenFed V $10.5k, Amex Green

EQ 810(Fico), EX 806 (Fico), TU 815 (Fico)

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.