Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else have this feeling?

tag
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: Does anyone else have this feeling?

I'm right there with you, OP.

My credit isn't stellar by any means, but as far as a goal card goes, I had two: an Amex (any Amex really), and the Sapphire Preferred. I got the PRG last month and the Sapphire Preferred last week.

And now... I'm suddenly feeling quite apathetic towards getting a new card. If anything, I may replace a current card or two (or three) with ones that fit my spending better, but getting a new card just for the sake of it?

Not interested.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 21 of 26
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@Smiley HappySmiley HappyDawgZ wrote:

Well....you could take a cash advance against all your cards to the full CL, declare bankruptcy, let your cards charge off then wait until the collectors call. Now imagine the fun you could have going through all this process knowing exactly what to do to get back to 700 credit scores....its an option. Smiley Happy

There is always one lol

Message 22 of 26
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

Grats on accomplishing your goal!!  For the next goal, see if you can increase the CL on your cards to 200% or more of your annual income, withought adding any new cards.. ?

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Message 23 of 26
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

I'm right there with you, OP.

My credit isn't stellar by any means, but as far as a goal card goes, I had two: an Amex (any Amex really), and the Sapphire Preferred. I got the PRG last month and the Sapphire Preferred last week.

And now... I'm suddenly feeling quite apathetic towards getting a new card. If anything, I may replace a current card or two (or three) with ones that fit my spending better, but getting a new card just for the sake of it?

Not interested.

Ditto. I've also kind of hit this CC plateau where nothing really grabs me at the moment, and my focus has switched to growing the cards I have. The only thing I semi-want is the Cash + but the 5% categories don't really seem to fit my area of spend right now. In general, when I look at the difference in cash back, 1% difference benefit in a certain category doesn't really warrant a AAOA/hard inquiry hit for me. My goals now are having a completely clean report (GW-ing my baddie every week) and then after that perhaps an auto loan toward the end of the year. 

Message 24 of 26
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@unlucky_hove wrote:

I struggled for so long to get my credit up to a satisfactory point. I started out with horrible credit and the only card i qualified for was Orchard bank, credit one, etc. I finally reached a point where my credit score is now considered excellent and can get any card i want (within reason). Now that I have every card I dreamed of having with prime lendors (Amex, Discover, etc.) I dont have anything to look forward too. Its like having a ferrari in the driveway but not being able to take it for a spin to show it off. Its kind of a odd feeling not working towards a certain CC?   Should i strive for an 800 and after I hit that, what then?

Yes you should strive for the 800 Club,  once you reach it then just see how high you can get into the 800's. I was up to 817 before my last app so now i have all the cards i want  or need . So i am just going to see how high of a score that i can get. I enjoy it myself Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 25 of 26
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Why not help others who were in your situation and get gratification through  their credit progress.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.