cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa Signature Card?

tag
Volpes
Regular Contributor

Re: Does anyone have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa Signature Card?

@Ron1 wrote:

@Volpes wrote:

How is PNC anyway?

I use to partially bank with theme (checking) years ago when I lived in Pennsylvania. It was a "REAL" free checking, probably the last bank to offer such account, but since then has been removed. I was a cash user back then, also drove a cheap car paid with cash (Philly's car insurance is high), so I never really dealt with much else. I did recently (last week) open a savings account with them. I needed a local place to deposit cash, since I bank with out-of-state banks and USAA.

I had PNC checking with them for almost a year and it's good. I used it to pay my PNC credit card. It is a free checking. Recently, I changed into Virtual Wallet. It helps me to save money on the side.

Ron.

Its no longer a free checking.
Message 21 of 35
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Volpes wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Volpes wrote:

How is PNC anyway?

I use to partially bank with theme (checking) years ago when I lived in Pennsylvania. It was a "REAL" free checking, probably the last bank to offer such account, but since then has been removed. I was a cash user back then, also drove a cheap car paid with cash (Philly's car insurance is high), so I never really dealt with much else. I did recently (last week) open a savings account with them. I needed a local place to deposit cash, since I bank with out-of-state banks and USAA.

I had PNC checking with them for almost a year and it's good. I used it to pay my PNC credit card. It is a free checking. Recently, I changed into Virtual Wallet. It helps me to save money on the side.

Ron.

It is still free until December.

Ron.

Message 22 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

@Volpes wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Volpes wrote:

How is PNC anyway?

Ron.

It is still fee until December.

Ron.

+1

Last time I checked it was (at least for the Midwest market in this region).  I would add that Ron is very well-informed  Robot Very Happy

Message 23 of 35
Volpes
Regular Contributor

Like I said, they changed/removed the free checking and re-named it to "Standard Checking".
Message 24 of 35
Ron1
Super Contributor

I need to add money into Virtual Wallet to avoid the service charge.

Ron.

Message 25 of 35
linux007969
Established Contributor

I bank with PNC for checking i've had an account since they were Bank of Lancaster County which was owned by Sterling Financial which got shutdown by the FDIC becasue the execs were cooking the books and imbezeling money so PNC bought them and they kept the employees at my branch which is nice cuz they know us by name when you walk in and we can have a friendly conversation with them about all kinds of stuff becasue we are able to have a personal relationship or sorts since we've been banking at that location for many years.

PNC itself refuses to give my a credit card though, last time it tired they denied me and minute later was approved for my AMEX Green Charge Card.

I am hoping that someday soon within next 5 years to be able to be approved for a car loan with them and hopefully by then my credit porfile "should be in line with their other account holders" their denial letters rudely say that one of the reasons why i was denied was that basically my profile was not in line with their other account holders which that's not nice to say!

I'm guessing that most loans are individual manually reviewed simular to how FNBO is with their credit card apps, so I should have a better chance then!

Oh and my checking account will remain a free checking or sorts cuz i maintain more than $500 in my account and get direct deposits of more than $500 a month so i won't be paying any fees. Since i use my credit cards for just about everything my checking account won't drain as quick and by the time it starts to when it comes time to pay the credit card bills, i have already replaced the money with my paychecks for the most part as long as we get paid on a regular basis. When we don't get paid on a regular basis i know my limits and act accordingly.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 26 of 35
creditfan
Established Contributor

can anyone let me know how does their reward system work? is it 1:1 ratio when we redeem for cash?

also, is there a catch? because PNC point visa 4 pt per $1 is to good to be true

plus, do I have to do banking with them to get their cc?

thank you

Message 27 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@creditfan wrote:

can anyone let me know how does their reward system work? is it 1:1 ratio when we redeem for cash?

also, is there a catch? because PNC point visa 4 pt per $1 is to good to be true

plus, do I have to do banking with them to get their cc?

thank you

I'm not a member, but looking at https://pncpoints.visaextras.com/RewardRedemption/Pages/Catalog/CatalogMain.aspx

it looks like the points are worth about 1/4 of a cent!  $25 gift card is 11,000.    So as always, you need to check earning and redemption.  This looks similar to a 1 point per $ in disguise.

Message 28 of 35
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

I haven't been with PNC long enough to know all of their internal inner workings, but I absolutely love their Virtual Wallet. Even though their accounts won't be free come later this year, you can still have it for free if you meet the direct deposit or balance criteria.

As for credit cards, I saw an offer for their Points Visa and Cashbuilder Visa one time and I remember the banker who opened my account offered it to me as well. I think it was a promo, not a true pre-qualified offer however. I didn't bother to ask at the time.

It looks like they now have Travel Rewards cards. The Premier Traveler Visa Sig card has a $95 AF, but the first year is $0. The Premier Traveler Reserve Visa Sig card has a $395 AF and offers EMV chip and 2 points per $1 spent. More info on each card's page.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 29 of 35
biglilsteve
New Visitor

I am curious about this as well.  I've had my PNC CashBuilder Visa since March and just recently received the same Signature upgrade letter...haven't gotten my new card in the mail yet though.

The CashBuilder is pretty nice though.  When linked with my PNC Virtual Wallet Performance account, it gets 1.5% cash back on all purchases which is pretty competitive.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't compete with my Barclaycard Sallie Mae Mastercard, which gets 5% on gas and groceries and 1% on everything else.

Regardless, i'm hoping my upgrade to Signature will get me no foreign transaction fees...that's the biggest thing for me.

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.