Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 152
Registered: ‎05-07-2011
0

Re: Does anyone have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa Signature Card?


sweettea wrote:

I haven't been with PNC long enough to know all of their internal inner workings, but I absolutely love their Virtual Wallet. Even though their accounts won't be free come later this year, you can still have it for free if you meet the direct deposit or balance criteria.

 

As for credit cards, I saw an offer for their Points Visa and Cashbuilder Visa one time and I remember the banker who opened my account offered it to me as well. I think it was a promo, not a true pre-qualified offer however. I didn't bother to ask at the time.

 

It looks like they now have Travel Rewards cards. The Premier Traveler Visa Sig card has a $95 AF, but the first year is $0. The Premier Traveler Reserve Visa Sig card has a $395 AF and offers EMV chip and 2 points per $1 spent. More info on each card's page.


I HATE the virtual wallet thingy.  I find it clunky and useless.  It slows me down and makes it hard to get to the information I'm looking for. 

New Visitor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎09-23-2013
0

Re: Does anyone have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa Signature Card?

[ Edited ]
yellowcake wrote

I HATE the virtual wallet thingy.  I find it clunky and useless.  It slows me down and makes it hard to get to the information I'm looking for


 

 

Then your banker didn't do you any justice by explaining the Virtual Wallet.  It's very intuitive and gives you a better vision of your spending habits.  Even if you aren't a big fan of the calendar view of your account activity, you are always just one click away from viewing the "classic" listing of credits and debits against your account.  What information are you looking for that you can't find?

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 351
Registered: ‎07-13-2013
0

Re: Does anyone have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa Signature Card?

[ Edited ]

yellowcake wrote:

sweettea wrote:

I haven't been with PNC long enough to know all of their internal inner workings, but I absolutely love their Virtual Wallet. Even though their accounts won't be free come later this year, you can still have it for free if you meet the direct deposit or balance criteria.

 

As for credit cards, I saw an offer for their Points Visa and Cashbuilder Visa one time and I remember the banker who opened my account offered it to me as well. I think it was a promo, not a true pre-qualified offer however. I didn't bother to ask at the time.

 

It looks like they now have Travel Rewards cards. The Premier Traveler Visa Sig card has a $95 AF, but the first year is $0. The Premier Traveler Reserve Visa Sig card has a $395 AF and offers EMV chip and 2 points per $1 spent. More info on each card's page.


I HATE the virtual wallet thingy.  I find it clunky and useless.  It slows me down and makes it hard to get to the information I'm looking for. 


I didn't notice this before (no email notifications set up for me)... but I will say I am not sure how you're looking a the VW, but it's wonderful to me. I recommend it to anyone who is more of a visual person as opposed to numbers and line items of debits and credits. You log in right away and know when you've spent too much money, when pay day is, when bills are due to come out. It's actually set up to help you save money. You can set up future purchases at a specific date so you will be on track to meet those goals too. You can still see things in line item way of debits and credits as well. There's a lot of good features.... although they could add more themes, lol

 

Anyway, I don't know another bank that compares. USAA has a pretty good setup, but PNC's VW is by far the best to me. It's set up to actually help you save money. I can't say that about the big banks at all and I've banked with most of them at some point.


Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Valued Member
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎09-01-2013
0

Re: Does anyone have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa Signature Card?

I'm going to join in and say I didn't much care for Virtual Wallet. I still much prefer my Excel spreadsheet that I tailored and adjusted over the years.

 

I have all my checking/savings/credit card accounts listed, and I even have a "savings goal" feature; heck, I have 0% promotional financing listed (just my Samsung notebook) by how much I still owe and when the time runs out, credit card spreadsheets even have utilization % calculated. Does the math all on its own :smileyhappy:

 

I don't mean to sound like I'm pushing, but just want to point out how powerful a good old fashion spreadsheet can be. I also like the fact that I have to input charges/credits/debits myself, which IMHO helps me realize where my money is going.


sweettea wrote:

... I don't know another bank that compares. USAA has a pretty good setup, but PNC's VW is by far the best to me. It's set up to actually help you save money. I can't say that about the big banks at all and I've banked with most of them at some point.


haha.

 

I do feel like PNC is one of the better choices to pick among the big banks, at least when it comes to checking and bill pay. I no longer have my checking with theme, but I do have a savings account (needed a local bank for cash deposits). Their website is designed really nice, even when logged in. I like that they don't charge any ATM fees in my area, when I use my USAA checkcard.

"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"
Regular Contributor
Posts: 152
Registered: ‎05-07-2011
0

Re: Does anyone have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa Signature Card?

[ Edited ]

The page is just too cluttered for my tatse -  all kinds of colorful graphs and things.  Doesn't do it for me.  Plus it's slow to load sometimes.  I just want to be able to log in, and look at my list of transactions without having to jumb through useless hoops. 

 


sweettea wrote:

yellowcake wrote:

sweettea wrote:

I haven't been with PNC long enough to know all of their internal inner workings, but I absolutely love their Virtual Wallet. Even though their accounts won't be free come later this year, you can still have it for free if you meet the direct deposit or balance criteria.

 

As for credit cards, I saw an offer for their Points Visa and Cashbuilder Visa one time and I remember the banker who opened my account offered it to me as well. I think it was a promo, not a true pre-qualified offer however. I didn't bother to ask at the time.

 

It looks like they now have Travel Rewards cards. The Premier Traveler Visa Sig card has a $95 AF, but the first year is $0. The Premier Traveler Reserve Visa Sig card has a $395 AF and offers EMV chip and 2 points per $1 spent. More info on each card's page.


I HATE the virtual wallet thingy.  I find it clunky and useless.  It slows me down and makes it hard to get to the information I'm looking for. 


I didn't notice this before (no email notifications set up for me)... but I will say I am not sure how you're looking a the VW, but it's wonderful to me. I recommend it to anyone who is more of a visual person as opposed to numbers and line items of debits and credits. You log in right away and know when you've spent too much money, when pay day is, when bills are due to come out. It's actually set up to help you save money. You can set up future purchases at a specific date so you will be on track to meet those goals too. You can still see things in line item way of debits and credits as well. There's a lot of good features.... although they could add more themes, lol

 

Anyway, I don't know another bank that compares. USAA has a pretty good setup, but PNC's VW is by far the best to me. It's set up to actually help you save money. I can't say that about the big banks at all and I've banked with most of them at some point.


 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.