cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have US Bank Reserve Line Of Credit?

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone have US Bank Reserve Line Of Credit?

@RonDawg wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

How do I qualify for Premier Line Of Credit?

Ron.

You can apply online for the Premier Line of Credit, Unlike the the Reserve line the Premier line of credit gives you a visa access card and the interest rate is a lot lower between 9.25% and 13.25% where as the Reserve line is over 21%  Also the Reserve line acts more like a loan then a line of credit.  The CL on the reserve line is much lower then the Premier line mine is 14.5k were as the reserve line is 4k.  You can actually do something with 14.5k.

The Reserve line you can get by talking to a banker they may even be able to set you up without a credit pull (hard that is) but the Premier line is so much better then the reserve line. If you want a LOC I would suggest the Premier Line of credit.

Thanks for your reply. I talked to customer service and they need to HP for this product. That's why I hold off to apply for LOC. I was told Premier Line need some kind banking relationship.  

Ron.

That is true, I thought you opened up a checking account and got the gold package?  If you have done that then you can get the Premier line of credit.

I requested to open gold package checking and it was approved. It only opened me a gold checking without money market savings package. So I called the new accounts and he told me they converted my regular savings into a Money Market Savings Package.  After that, they offered me to apply for reserve line for overdraft and home equity. I told him I need to think about it. It looks they're working for bonus something. What are my chances to get approved for Premier Line? Does it cover overdraft for checking? I really don't need another credit card.  I already got local CU having a low rate 8.9 and also have USAA World MC with 8.9%.

Ron.

Message 21 of 34
RonDawg
Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

You can apply online for the Premier Line of Credit, Unlike the the Reserve line the Premier line of credit gives you a visa access card and the interest rate is a lot lower between 9.25% and 13.25% where as the Reserve line is over 21%  Also the Reserve line acts more like a loan then a line of credit.  The CL on the reserve line is much lower then the Premier line mine is 14.5k were as the reserve line is 4k.  You can actually do something with 14.5k.

The Reserve line you can get by talking to a banker they may even be able to set you up without a credit pull (hard that is) but the Premier line is so much better then the reserve line. If you want a LOC I would suggest the Premier Line of credit.

Thanks for your reply. I talked to customer service and they need to HP for this product. That's why I hold off to apply for LOC. I was told Premier Line need some kind banking relationship.  

Ron.

That is true, I thought you opened up a checking account and got the gold package?  If you have done that then you can get the Premier line of credit.

I requested to open gold package checking and it was approved. It only opened me a gold checking without money market savings package. So I called the new accounts and he told me they converted my regular savings into a Money Market Savings Package.  After that, they offered me to apply for reserve line for overdraft and home equity. I told him I need to think about it. It looks they're working for bonus something. What are my chances to get approved for Premier Line? Does it cover overdraft for checking? I really don't need another credit card.  I already got local CU having a low rate 8.9 and also have USAA World MC with 8.9%.

Ron.

Well Ron, I don't know your credit history but didn't you say you had the Cash + card? if you have that card then it shouldn't even be a problem.  In general it is easier to get approved for a LOC then it is for a credit card.

I should note that when I applied I got the message that I was approved right away but it didn't state my limit... 2 Days later the account and the limit showed up on my online banking.

BTW Welcome to Us Bank. I have to tell you in my opinion they are one of the best commercial banks out there.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 22 of 34
Ron1
Super Contributor

@RonDawg wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Ron.

Well Ron, I don't know your credit history but didn't you say you had the Cash + card? if you have that card then it shouldn't even be a problem.  In general it is easier to get approved for a LOC then it is for a credit card.

I should note that when I applied I got the message that I was approved right away but it didn't state my limit... 2 Days later the account and the limit showed up on my online banking.

BTW Welcome to Us Bank. I have to tell you in my opinion they are one of the best commercial banks out there.

I don't have any late or past due. I bought both TU and EQ FICO score two days ago. TU score was 743 and EQ was 801. Yes, I have had Cash+ for almost six months. I like both banking and credit customer service. They're friendlly and helpful. It is much better than BofA.  I'm thinking to apply for Chase United Visa for the trip next year. I want to save the inquiry for that.

Ron.

Message 23 of 34
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

i have recently opened a second checking account with USbank and they gave a Reserve Line of Credit of $2500. I didnt have to apply for it, and no hard inquiry on my credit report.

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 34
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Just called to close the gold checking I opened yesterday, seems to be no problem and they will send me my deposit as a cashier's check.  The account has gone from the website.  No mention of a closing fee which is good!

Message 25 of 34
Ron1
Super Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Just called to close the gold checking I opened yesterday, seems to be no problem and they will send me my deposit as a cashier's check.  The account has gone from the website.  No mention of a closing fee which is good!

That's good. I'm glad they didn't charge a fee. Most banks charge you a fee by closing the account within 90 days. By the way, they haven't funded my account yet. It's showing zero balance.

Ron.

Message 26 of 34
bs6054
Valued Contributor

I did a debit card  fund and it showed up straight away.

They may still charge a fee, we'll see if my deposit gets returned in full.

BTW: after your other post I thought about this hard and considered keeping a small amount of money in the account and getting fees waived by auto-pay on the credit card.  That would mean transferring money in just before auto pay, and I decided that, in my case, it was fairly likely that one time I would forget, or the transfer would be slow etc, and that one time fees would wipe out the benefits.  Obviously, other people's confidence might vary, or if you really want to use it as your bank.

Message 27 of 34
Ron1
Super Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

I did a debit card  fund and it showed up straight away.

They may still charge a fee, we'll see if my deposit gets returned in full.

BTW: after your other post I thought about this hard and considered keeping a small amount of money in the account and getting fees waived by auto-pay on the credit card.  That would mean transferring money in just before auto pay, and I decided that, in my case, it was fairly likely that one time I would forget, or the transfer would be slow etc, and that one time fees would wipe out the benefits.  Obviously, other people's confidence might vary, or if you really want to use it as your bank.

I funded with my account by transferring from my US Bank Savings Account. I have no problem with that. I have Bed, Bath and Beyond MC and I use once or twice a year.  I just set up auto pay with this account. There is no branch locally. I have to do everything online. Setting up ACH with other banks is a pain. Alliant CU ACH is fast. It only takes a day or two to arrive.

Ron.

Message 28 of 34
Wahoo
Valued Member

Is there a HP to open a Gold checking account?  I am hoping it helps to have an account open before I go into a branch to try and get the Cash+ card.

EX08: 832 (myFICO 10/07/14)
TU08: 806 (Walmart/MC 05/06/15)
TU08: 834 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ08: 830 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ04: 809 (Digital Credit Union 05/29/15)
Message 29 of 34
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Wahoo wrote:

Is there a HP to open a Gold checking account?  I am hoping it helps to have an account open before I go into a branch to try and get the Cash+ card.

There is no HP to open a checking/savings. They pull a Chexsystem report.

Ron.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.