Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have experience with GEMB?

tag
tommiej7533
Valued Member

Does anyone have experience with GEMB?

I got turned down for a line of credit from Ethan Allen who goes throught  GEMB. I have a call into GEMB

now to find out what happened? Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Fico scores as of 1-9-10 Transunion  737

Equifax       726

Experian     ???

Utilization ratio  5.2%      BK filed July 2005 Still have Four (4) negatives. Haven't missed a payment of any kind

since July 2005.  I'm puzzled to say the least!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does anyone have experience with GEMB?

Did you have any GE accounts in your BK?
Message 2 of 11
tommiej7533
Valued Member

No!!
Message 3 of 11
DI
Super Contributor

Yes! I'm on GEMB's endanger to it's business list.  I settled a lawsuit with them in 2005 for violation of the FCRA and FDCPA.  I carry no GEMB products anymore. 

Message 4 of 11
tommiej7533
Valued Member

Thanks for your input. Figure I should have checked with the FICO forum before I appplied. 
Message 5 of 11
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

I have many GEMB accounts and have never experienced any problems with them to date.

RozBuds

Message 6 of 11
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

Wow, I was just approved last month for both a Walmart store card and an Amazon store card, both serviced by GEMB. I had a discharged BK in 4/08 and scores in the mid-600's when I was approved. How strange! I'm sorry they didn't help you out. Smiley Sad
Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 7 of 11
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@tommiej7533 wrote:

I got turned down for a line of credit from Ethan Allen who goes throught  GEMB. I have a call into GEMB

now to find out what happened? Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Fico scores as of 1-9-10 Transunion  737

Equifax       726

Experian     ???

Utilization ratio  5.2%      BK filed July 2005 Still have Four (4) negatives. Haven't missed a payment of any kind

since July 2005.  I'm puzzled to say the least!!

I bought some patio furniture and an office desk from Ethan Allen in April 2009.  They had a 0% interest rate deal for 12 months so I applied for an Ethan Allen account in the store and got $20,000 instant approval with a similar utilization as you, about 5%.  It sounds like GEMB doesn't like your past BK.  See what they say as to the reason for the turn down.  Ethan Allen is the only GEMB account I've ever had and so far the accounting and payment crediting has been fine, no problems whatsoever. 

Ethan Allen has had a couple of rough quarters and they may have toughened up their lending standards so it may not have anything to do with GEMB who is just servicing the plan for EA.  How much CL were you seeking?

Message Edited by Watchmann on 01-11-2010 05:15 PM
Message 8 of 11
keith021
Regular Contributor

@DI wrote:

Yes! I'm on GEMB's endanger to it's business list.  I settled a lawsuit with them in 2005 for violation of the FCRA and FDCPA.  I carry no GEMB products anymore. 

If I may ask, what did they violate?

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 11
tommiej7533
Valued Member

I was asking for a credit line of approximately $4,000. I still have a call in for them! As someone mentioned earlier I may have had

an GEMB account that was part of my BK. Maybe a little bit of black listing here?

Thanks for your reply!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.