cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have more than 1 BARCLAY CARD?

tag
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does anyone have more than 1 BARCLAY CARD?

The analyst said my TU was 738. I don't know if they were using FICO or their own point system or etc.

Message 11 of 25
android01
Valued Contributor

690 might be a score that could get you the Ring card, I don't know.  If you apply and get it, then let everyone know! 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 12 of 25
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

i dunno jf i want the ring. would rather get a rewards card.
Message 13 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

just curious if this is possible. i have apple but really want an NFL card

AFAIK you can havew more than 1, they offered that to me instead of PC'ing my Apple to Rewards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 25
Open123
Super Contributor

At one point, I had three.

Closed one, and now have two.

Message 15 of 25
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

i dont get y they turn some peeps down bc if avail credit then hmm
Message 16 of 25
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I have two, Apple Visa and a Barnes and Noble MC.  I'm happy with both and don't plan on trying for a third for a while. So far Barclays has been great to me.

Message 17 of 25
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Since this thread popped up again:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/rapidtravelchai/2012/12/12/barclays-credit-cards-101-and-how-many-can-...

A story about two guys applying for multiple Barclays cards. One got 4 instant, 5th went to pending. His buddy got 5 and quit. Why they did this, I'm not really sure. 

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 18 of 25
winner88
Contributor

Back in January I was instantly approved for US Airways , Priceline and Sallie Mae in that order within seconds of each other. 

So yea, you can have more than 1 .. TU score then was 670

EQ 772
TU 764
Message 19 of 25

I just recently applied for and got their BJs Visa and Priceline Visa. I did have to call their backdoor # (866-408-4064)  to get the second one (the Priceline). I got a message after applying saying that they needed an additioanl 7-10 days to review my application, so I just called to see if I could do anything to speed it up and/or prevent them rejecting it. The credit analyst said my history looked pretty good but wanted to know my reason for applying for so many cards recently (I also applied to the Capital One Cash Rewards Card, Penfed Cash Rewards, and the Barclay's BJs Visa within the last 5 days). I was honest and just said that I wanted to divide my spending onto different cards to maximize possible rewards, he put me on hold for a sec, and then approved me for the 2nd card. They were also quick to answer the phone and pretty reasonable to deal with in my opinion. I don't think they have an issue with anyone having more than one of their cards provided they have a good credit history. If you recently applied for a lot of credit they may question it, but as in my case, you may be able to call, explain, and get a manual decision.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.