cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have or applied for a Marriott Rewards credit card from Chase?

tag
MyWorthiness
Established Member

Does anyone have or applied for a Marriott Rewards credit card from Chase?

Hello I'm thinking about filling out for the card but would like some feedback. Do you have the card? Have you ever applied for the card and got approved or denied? Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone have or applied for a Marriott Rewards credit card from Chase?

Don't have the card but I do currently have top status at marriott. Feedback seems to be that since its a co-branded chase card it may be higher initial credit lines than a straight chase cards. Honestly, I would not bother with this card as I think there are better hotel cards out there with other chains. That being said if you have to stay with marriott specifically (my ex had it and was putting up 100+ nights in marriott per year) and will be able to use the free nights then its an average card.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 13
Bman70
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Don't have the card but I do currently have top status at marriott. Feedback seems to be that since its a co-branded chase card it may be higher initial credit lines than a straight chase cards. Honestly, I would not bother with this card as I think there are better hotel cards out there with other chains. That being said if you have to stay with marriott specifically (my ex had it and was putting up 100+ nights in marriott per year) and will be able to use the free nights then its an average card.  

Do you have any examples? I'm in the market for a hotel / travel card. Thanks

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 3 of 13
red259
Super Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Well hotel card is different from travel card. A travel card can be things like CSP or Barclays arrival etc. You can transfer CSP points to different hotel programs. If you want a specific hotel card the first question is which brand do you like to stay at and how often you stay at hotels. If you don't have any travel cards yet then I would not start with a hotel card first. I would look for a general travel card first. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 13
DiC916

I got approved for it in late May. $8k limit. This is my 3rd Chase card. I was approved for the first card, a Southwest Rewards card, in January with $4.5k limit, PIF each month. In April, I was near the limit, they auto CLI to $9k. At time of marriott approval, my scores were 693 ex, 675 eq, 737 tu, about 20 inquiries (in garden now, I was trigger happy from finally getting appovals on decent cards).
EX: 675 / EQ: 737 / TU: 693
Message 5 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I got the card in November last year with the 70K promo bonus. The card is a keeper for me because the annual free night is worth a lot more than the AF. Recently spent 1 night in Düsseldorf during a convention and the hotel room would have been 450EUR but I was lucky to use the free night from the sign up in this category 4 property and it did not cost me a dime Smiley Happy ..from next year it will be up to a category 5.  Also the card has no FTF which is important as my nights are hardly ever in the US so hotel cards with FTF are useless for me. The card works very well for me and this varies from custmer to customer... you need to look what works for you.

As for the limits between Chase co-branded or Chase cards I cannot confirm any difference ...Marriott 15K and CSP 15,4K ..this is pretty close for me Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
LeadingMan
New Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

I recently got the IHG card. Platinum elite status lifetime as long as ur a card member (free wifi, complimentary room upgrades). Only $49/year and free night on anniversary date to use at ANY IHG property (no category restrictions). 2 points/$ on gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants so decent earning potential. No FTF and 10% kickback on points redeemed. Pointbreak properties (random worldwide IHG properties posted every several months listed at only 5000 pts/night) make this even better.

Currently there's an 80K/$1K offer floating around which is what I received. Worth looking into. 

Arrival + WEMC 12.5K / AMEX BCE 12K / Cap1 Venture 10K / Discover IT 9.5K / CITI DP 9.1K / AMEX ED 6K / Freedom VS 6K / CSP 5K / IHG 5K

Message 7 of 13
806D2

I use the hell out of mine. I travel about 60K-70K miles a year so between the Amex Hilton and Chase Marriott i rack up some serious points annually.

Amex Blue $5000, Amex ED $7500, Amex Green, Amex SPG $7500, Amex Hilton $7500, Chase United $15,000, Chase Marriott $15,000, Chase Freedom $10,000, Chase Slate $2000, Cap One $4,100, Macys $3500, Discover $2,500, CCFC $8,000
Message 8 of 13
money28
Regular Contributor

Go get the card, you will not regret it.

@MyWorthiness wrote:

Hello I'm thinking about filling out for the card but would like some feedback. Do you have the card? Have you ever applied for the card and got approved or denied? Thanks

Starting Score: 06/29/13 TU 579; EQ 585; EX 574
Current Score: 07/24/13 TU 645; EQ 668; EX 652
Goal Score: 740
Wells Fargo $700 / Merrick Bank $1000 / Fingerhut $1300 /
Gettington $1000 Walmart $600 HSN/1300 Express/700 Jcrew/1850
Jared $2000 Macys $2500 Bloomingdale $1000 Sony Card $1500
Amazon Store Card $900 Ann Taylor/880 American Airlines/1500 Shell/500 Capital One Quicksilver\ $500 Pier 1 $1500 \ Chase Zappos Visa $2500 Barclays Apple\$1200

Message 9 of 13
sunkissed
Established Contributor

I just got the Marriott card last fall.  If you plan to stay at Marriott, this is a good card to have in your wallet.  This is NOT a good general spend card.  If you have not settled on a hotel to be loyal to, you may want to look around at what the other chains offer.  The Marriott card will give you silver status.  If you do not stay at Marriott often, it will be very difficult to get to gold status.  Additionally, there are few good benefits at silver.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.