cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have the American Express Centurion Card?

tag
BillR
Established Member

Re: Does anyone have the American Express Centurion Card?

If I may answer as an actual Centurion Card Holder I absolutely have a monthly limit from Amex. If I could screen shot my Amex home page when I login there is a link on the left hand side of the page to check your Spending Power. If I click on mine it says $250,000. The confusion likely stems from right above that they list the words. NO PRE-SET Spending Limit. However next to that is a hyperlink attached to an i in a circle that when you click on it shows the following message: No Pre-Set Spending Limit does not mean unlimited spending. Purchasing power adjusts with the use of the account, payment history, credit record, and financial resources known to us, and other factors. Thus, sadly I can not charge 170 million like Bill Gates can. Huge bummer for me! 

Message 41 of 64
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

So the big question is...why can't you screenshot it? Easy enough to smear out any info that you'd be worried about someone seeing...

NPSL works the same on the Platinum too. Same with check spending power on the charge cards. Amex constantly evaluates what that actual limit is and may do so at the time of the purchase. Not pre-set. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it? lol
------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 42 of 64
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

You know, one thing I think people miss, is that Amex isn't handing this card out to people who would be so wreckless as to try and charge 10mil on a card. Not to mention, a processor that would accept that amount! Not gonna happen. So it can be "unlimited" for all intents and purposes but try finding a merchant, a bank, a processor who will process that transaction without auditing it to the max.

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 43 of 64
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

A lot of people, many people here included, consider certain type of Credit Cards as status symbols.  Understandable and I enjoy it too.  But there is certain limit.

Most folks are going to be very happy to keep AmEx Blue cash Everyday, or Chase Freedom and FU.  Some are happy with CSR and AmEx Plat.  Very limited folks can have Centurion, but those folks should not stay here to churn the $200 from certain credit card.  We do not lie.

I belive most of the info here is not true since we probably do not have anyone who holds this card now.... All just speculate.

Message 44 of 64
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

I agree. Analytics can reveal so much about a person...they have a profile that fits and is worthwhile to them. Those people get invites. Others may be able to snag one by asking.

What's in my wallet?

Message 45 of 64
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@700orbust wrote:
You know, one thing I think people miss, is that Amex isn't handing this card out to people who would be so wreckless as to try and charge 10mil on a card. Not to mention, a processor that would accept that amount! Not gonna happen. So it can be "unlimited" for all intents and purposes but try finding a merchant, a bank, a processor who will process that transaction without auditing it to the max.

You think $10 million transactions don't happen? What about a $170.4 million USD Modigliani painting?

Liu Yiqian in 2015 at Christie's.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 46 of 64
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

My response to you is, you think that transaction wasn't already premeditated? You think it was on a whim? Come on man.

What's in my wallet?

Message 47 of 64
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

I was already familiar with the article

What's in my wallet?

Message 48 of 64
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

His spending 10 million isn't a wreckless charge. Amex and him both know he's got it.

What's in my wallet?

Message 49 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to remind everyone to stay within the guidelines of Friendly, Supportive and Respectful.  Accusing other posters of lying is not allowed here and there are many posters on these forums from all walks of liffe including those with Centurion cards.

Message 50 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.