cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know if BoA offers any bonuses on top of the 1.5% for TR card, w/ savings acct of ~$10k

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if BoA offers any bonuses on top of the 1.5% for TR card, w/ savings acct of ~$10k

Does anyone know if BoA offers any additional % bonuses on top of the 1.5% cashback for their Travel Rewards (TR) card, if the person having the card also has a BoA savings acct of ~$10k?  IIRC, I remember from reading on the forum that some posters having BoA Merrill Lynch accounts within a certain threshold could get as high as 2.65%(?) cashback redeemable for travel on their TR cards.  I wasn't sure though if a $10k BoA savings account qualifies for any TR rewards percentage bonuses with BoA, in lieu of having a Merrill Lynch account -- and if applicable, does anyone know per chance how high above 1.5% the TR card can get?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone know if BoA offers any bonuses on top of the 1.5% for TR card, w/ savings acct of ~$

bump please?

Message 2 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone know if BoA offers any bonuses on top of the 1.5% for TR card, w/ savings acct of ~$

10% for checking/savings under $20k.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 7
python0704
New Contributor

I think what you heard about is BOA's preferred rewards program. It can give you extra % of cash back boost in addition to other benefit. However you need to have at least $20K in all of your BOA banking or investment account to qualify. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@python0704 wrote:

I think what you heard about is BOA's preferred rewards program. It can give you extra % of cash back boost in addition to other benefit. However you need to have at least $20K in all of your BOA banking or investment account to qualify. 

+1

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the information for BoA Preffered Client program: http://info.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/details/

Message 6 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@python0704 wrote:

+1

Preferred Rewards is a separate program that replaces the 10% bonus once a person has sufficient assets and enrolls.

"Get an additional 10% customer points bonus on every purchase when you have an active Bank of America® checking or savings account

If you're a Preferred Rewards Travel Rewards client you can increase that bonus to 25% - 75%"

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.