cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know if Chase will report me 30 days late for this? Paying on 30th day!!

tag
stonesfan75

Does anyone know if Chase will report me 30 days late for this? Paying on 30th day!!

Hello all, I was hoping someone could really help me. I just got back into my house from a motorcycle crash after being in the hospital for 3 weeks. My payment was due on 6/23, and I just paid it today (it will post today also). This would be the 30th day from being past due. Does anyone have experience with Chase and their reporting measures? I currently have no lates on my credit and would love to keep it that way after having my oldest credit card account still open at 31 years aged. 

Also, if I do get a 30-day, will it mean other cards will lower my limit or shut me down? I currently have a $25,000 limit with BofA, and $31,500 with a discover card. Thanks so much for the help!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone know if Chase will report me 30 days late for this? Paying on 30th day!!

No, it won't report as a 30 day late.

Message 2 of 20
stonesfan75

Re: Does anyone know if Chase will report me 30 days late for this? Paying on 30th day!!

Thanks for the reply -- I just edited my date however and not sure if you saw the correct dates or not. It was due 06/23 and today is 07/23. So I was guessing they would report if i didn't pay it by closing time TODAY, correct? Thanks!

Message 3 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You should be fine, however make sure to account for the late fee as the payment itself will still be late.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonesfan75 wrote:

Thanks for the reply -- I just edited my date however and not sure if you saw the correct dates or not. It was due 06/23 and today is 07/23. So I was guessing they would report if i didn't pay it by closing time TODAY, correct? Thanks!

It's borderline and I'd suggest you call them and explain the delayed payment.  Also set up auto pay on this and any other account to prevent this from happening.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonesfan75 wrote:

Posted before the edit. Irish is right, could go either way.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@stonesfan75 wrote:

It's borderline and I'd suggest you call them and explain the delayed payment.  Also set up auto pay on this and any other account to prevent this from happening.

+1 to Irish. It could go either way cause it is 30 days late now, so I would definitely give them a call today (now) and explain what happened

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, definitely call them, and yes, definitely set up auto-minimum payments on ALL cards... Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them. Than setup auto payments on all your accounts. I've gotten into the habit whereby the day I receive a new CC and activate it, I set up all the alerts to text and email me regarding charges, payments posted, online transactions, etc.... I than setup the card to automatically make minimum payments, just in case I over look something. This will ensure I'm never late or end up with a blemish on my CR's. I set my checking account up with multiple overdraft protections as well. Cheap, free, insurance to avoid trouble. Best of luck. I hope they don't report it 30 day's late. You've probably got a 50 / 50 chance, so I'd definitely call and talk to someone.
Message 9 of 20
thewupk

It does dpend on their reporting. But I work for an auto finance company in the collections dept. We don't report 30 days late until the day following their next due date. So in your example we would not report 30 days late until 7/24. 30 days is just a general statement as depending on the month it's not always 30 days. Sometimes it's technically 31 or 28 when it's Feb. But again this is our policy and Chase may be different.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.