cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know if it is possible to app for the AF BoA Amtrak card and then downgrade to no-AF?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if it is possible to app for the AF BoA Amtrak card and then downgrade to no-AF?

Does anyone know if it is possible to app for the AF BoA Amtrak card, and if approved, then later downgrade to the no-AF version of the card?  Also, is the reverse possible:  apping for the no-AF version, and then later PC'ing to the version of the card with the AF?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone know if it is possible to app for the AF BoA Amtrak card and then downgrade to no-AF

bump?

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does anyone know if it is possible to app for the AF BoA Amtrak card and then downgrade to no-AF

Sorry, i wouldnt know but any chance a Boa csr would know? Perhaps calling them would help with your answer if not im sure one of our many Boa afficinados will chime in ( its Sunday so probably everyones still chilling out Smiley Wink )
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to app for the AF BoA Amtrak card, and if approved, then later downgrade to the no-AF version of the card?  Also, is the reverse possible:  apping for the no-AF version, and then later PC'ing to the version of the card with the AF?

Come on buddy u know I know this! Lol jk

You can absolutely downgrade to the No AF version.  And yes, you can go from the no AF and upgrade. Some folks even apply for both versions to get both bonuses.

You could technically apply for the AF version, downgrade, and that would still not prevent you from getting the bonus on a future non AF amtrak card.

Hope that helps.  Not sure what the PC options are beyond Amtrak though, but its pretty easy to move limits with BoA, and only a mild hit to AAOA.  May as well apply for both then cancel the one you dont want at 12 month mark.  Or just get the AF version if you know you can benefit from the companion ticket in the next 12 months.  You get the companion ticket every year as well as a business class upgrade voucher each anniversary.  The only extra thing at opening you get is a club lounge pass.  You can buy these on ebay for cheap sometimes. Or just upgrade part of your trip to business class.

Believe me I have certainly thought about applying for the no AF version, kinda hoping they maybe offer an increase bonus?

I wonder if a person can have multiple AF versions like some folks have done with alaska airlines?

Message 4 of 5
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Many thanks for the very excellent and valuable info there jfriend!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.