cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know the exact address for a reconsideration letter for Chase Slate?

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Does anyone know the exact address for a reconsideration letter for Chase Slate?

I applied for the Slate last week and didn't get instant approval.  So I called the recon number and immediately spoke with an analyst, who asked a million questions and put me on hold several times but the answer was still "no."  At first she kept repeating that the reason for denial was my BK, and I made her read off the year of that BK (2002) and she moved on to quoting two accounts I have that are close to their limits (Navy Federal, and both because I am taking advantage of 0% offers.)  She understood but kept coming back to the fact that they are too close to the limit.

Oh yes, and she said she "didn't see any other Chase accounts" when I mentioned the great history I've had with Chase over the last 10 years - when I prompted her with details, she admitted that she saw the account I was referring to (I didn't expect her to go look for the closed one, but it wasn't closed due to any misdeeds by me - my credit has been spotless other than high utilization at times during the last 10 years.)  Anyway, she said, "I see the account but it looks inactive."  I pointed out that I had used the Chase card only last month and paid it off.  Do they not like it when you pay before the statement generates?  And it's true that it wasn't used for 7 months prior, but that's because they offered me an incentive to not use it.  And it's all paid off and has been for at least 6 months.  It's a Freedom card.

So I just want a Slate instead becuase I want

1. 0% BT ability (my current card doesn't allow for BTs at all, at any APR!)

2. A reasonable APR, hopefully (my Freedom is at 22%)

3. A reasonable credit limit (my Freedom is at an odd $3,788.)

I'd be happy for them to close the Freedom if they replace it with a Slate.  Since the phone call yielded no results, despite being a 20-minute or longer phone call, I thought I'd write a letter as my last shot.  So, when I get my rejection letter in the mail, will it have an address to which I can send a recon request or does anyone know a good, official address where a person will actually receive and read my letter?  Thanks in advance.

sdoonan
Contributor

Re: Does anyone know the exact address for a reconsideration letter for Chase Slate?

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I applied for the Slate last week and didn't get instant approval.  So I called the recon number and immediately spoke with an analyst, who asked a million questions and put me on hold several times but the answer was still "no."  At first she kept repeating that the reason for denial was my BK, and I made her read off the year of that BK (2002) and she moved on to quoting two accounts I have that are close to their limits (Navy Federal, and both because I am taking advantage of 0% offers.)  She understood but kept coming back to the fact that they are too close to the limit.

Oh yes, and she said she "didn't see any other Chase accounts" when I mentioned the great history I've had with Chase over the last 10 years - when I prompted her with details, she admitted that she saw the account I was referring to (I didn't expect her to go look for the closed one, but it wasn't closed due to any misdeeds by me - my credit has been spotless other than high utilization at times during the last 10 years.)  Anyway, she said, "I see the account but it looks inactive."  I pointed out that I had used the Chase card only last month and paid it off.  Do they not like it when you pay before the statement generates?  And it's true that it wasn't used for 7 months prior, but that's because they offered me an incentive to not use it.  And it's all paid off and has been for at least 6 months.  It's a Freedom card.

I'd be happy for them to close the Freedom if they replace it with a Slate.  Since the phone call yielded no results, despite being a 20-minute or longer phone call, I thought I'd write a letter as my last shot.  So, when I get my rejection letter in the mail, will it have an address to which I can send a recon request or does anyone know a good, official address where a person will actually receive and read my letter?  Thanks in advance.

Your best bet is probably Chase Card Services, which the address is on the Chase website (I'd get it for you, but I'm using a 3G connection here in London, and I've got limited data.)

Cards: CitiForward for Students (2K, opened 8/2009), Discover it (2K, opened 7/2010), AMEX BCE (1k, opened 12/2010), Capital One Quicksilver (4.5k, opened 11/2011), Chase Freedom (1.5k, opened 8/2014)

AMEX Platinum (NPSL, AC arrangement, added 12/2011), Citi AAdvantage AMEX (9k, AU, backdated to 9/2008)

Scores: TU 667, EQ 651

In the Garden since 8/8.
Message 2 of 22
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Does anyone know the exact address for a reconsideration letter for Chase Slate?

Thanks for helping me, sdoonan, even with your limited connectivity! Smiley Happy

Mega Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I would be calling in to speak to adifferent rep and plead your case.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 22
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks, LS2982.  I've thought of that and I may do it.  It was harrowing enough the first time.  I had to keep my temper under control and try to remain polite.  I guess I can do it again.  I get so frustrated when they keep asking for more information that they seem to believe is relevant and helpful, putting me on hold, even (to go discuss it with the person who can actually change the decision?)  but keep coming back with the same "no."

Mega Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Thanks, LS2982.  I've thought of that and I may do it.  It was harrowing enough the first time.  I had to keep my temper under control and try to remain polite.  I guess I can do it again.  I get so frustrated when they keep asking for more information that they seem to believe is relevant and helpful, putting me on hold, even (to go discuss it with the person who can actually change the decision?)  but keep coming back with the same "no."

Never hurts to try. And look at it as their loss, not yours. You handle your credit good and if they don't want you they can take a hike!!! It's worth a 2nd try.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 22
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks for the compliment, LS.  I told them the same thing.  LOL!  I said that my record of handling hundreds (thousands?) of payments over the last ten years is impressive, and if I were Chase, I would want me for a customer.  I guess I'll call up and say more of the same and see if I can sway someone else's opinion.

Mega Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Thanks for the compliment, LS.  I told them the same thing.  LOL!  I said that my record of handling hundreds (thousands?) of payments over the last ten years is impressive, and if I were Chase, I would want me for a customer.  I guess I'll call up and say more of the same and see if I can sway someone else's opinion.

Let us know how you did!!! We got the bottles on standby!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 22
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Does anyone know how long the credit pulls stay "fresh"?  (they pulled EQ on Jan. 5 and EX on Jan 6, in their game of "let me put you on hold and come back and say no again").

I'm waiting for a statement credit on Feb. 1 on the Freedom card.  It relates to the "don't use the card for the next 7 months and we'll pay you $100."  If they should close the Freedom and open another card I'm afraid they'll fail to give me that money and I've been waiting a long time to get it.

So I could call back and plead my case again in the first few days of February - but would the credit pulls around Jan. 5th be valid?  I don't know how long it takes before they'll say they have to pull another one (maybe it's 30 days to consider them valid?)

Senior Contributor

Can't see any downside to calling back now, other than 20 minutes on the phone.

A few weeks ago I asked if my Freedom could be upgraded to Preferred after a year and they said "no". My freedom limit is only $3K so that may have been the issue. I'd much rather have cash back than points but was curious as all heck, LOL! I definitely don't want two Chase cards so apping for another is out of the question.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.