cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know the exact address for a reconsideration letter for Chase Slate?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Does anyone know the exact address for a reconsideration letter for Chase Slate?

@drkaje wrote:

Can't see any downside to calling back now, other than 20 minutes on the phone.

A few weeks ago I asked if my Freedom could be upgraded to Preferred after a year and they said "no". My freedom limit is only $3K so that may have been the issue. I'd much rather have cash back than points but was curious as all heck, LOL! I definitely don't want two Chase cards so apping for another is out of the question.

+1

I'd do it today.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 22
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Does anyone know the exact address for a reconsideration letter for Chase Slate?

I know it was hard to catch, but they're giving me something like $150 as a statement credit on my Feb. 1 Freedom Card statement (already confirmed this on the phone.)  I'm afraid if they close my Freedom to open up another card instead, that credit will go poof.

Mega Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I know it was hard to catch, but they're giving me something like $150 as a statement credit on my Feb. 1 Freedom Card statement (already confirmed this on the phone.)  I'm afraid if they close my Freedom to open up another card instead, that credit will go poof.

Yea thats a little tricky, maybe you should confirm you'll still be getting the credit when you talk on the phone with them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 22
CS800
Super Contributor

YOu know what they say, if you're not happy, hang up and call back again. I'm a firm believer of that.

Message 14 of 22
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

So I called... I wasn't even sure if a credit analyst would be there on Sunday, but sure enough I got to speak to him right away.   He was polite and nice and listened and acted like he understood, and he put me on hold and came back and.... still "no."   Oh well... at least I have a better idea of what they like (a debt ratio under 28%, which is where mine is - I forgot to ask what is preferred but it seems that 28% is not),  less than nine accounts reporting balances, which is what he saw (despite the fact that several of them were just $10 or so) and no balances close to their limits.

Mega Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

So I called... I wasn't even sure if a credit analyst would be there on Sunday, but sure enough I got to speak to him right away.   He was polite and nice and listened and acted like he understood, and he put me on hold and came back and.... still "no."   Oh well... at least I have a better idea of what they like (a debt ratio under 28%, which is where mine is - I forgot to ask what is preferred but it seems that 28% is not),  less than nine accounts reporting balances, which is what he saw (despite the fact that several of them were just $10 or so) and no balances close to their limits.

SD them, immediately Smiley Wink

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 22
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Note to everyone at Chase, if you are reading this: 

Every last one of you can sit on a tack.  A tack, I tell you!  A sharp one!

Smiley LOL

Established Contributor

I don't have the address but I strongly encourage recon letters as opposed to phone calls. You'll get further. I always have. What many people don't realize is that a letter often makes it's way to those who have decision-making capabilities (higher ups) in a company. Grant it, this doesn't work 100% of the time but I believe it gives the recon a better chance of success.

Wait for the denial letter and mail it to the from address on the letter.

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 18 of 22
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Should I leave out the part about sitting on a tack, then?

Established Contributor

Good idea Smiley Happy

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.