cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know when these CC's report?

tag
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know when these CC's report?

I called Amazon(store card) today to see where my statement was since it was supposed to post on the 12th...apparently since I paid the card off I don't get a statement..hahahaha.  Oh wow. Shows you how new I am to CC's. Smiley LOL   

Anyway....I want to know when they report to the credit bureaus because I am desperately awaiting an increase in FICO(since closing my FP dropped me 13 points!!) I asked the rep and she said it's the first or second week of the month??? Does anyone know if that's correct?? That seems strange to me.  If my statement closes on the 12th, why would they wait 3 weeks to report it?

I'm also wondering about Discover. My statement will post on the 17th. Does anyone know when they report?

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Does anyone know when these CC's report?

I will bump this for you so others may be able to help you.

But in my personal experience, most lenders usually report to the bureaus within a few days after your statement cut date. Of course they may not all do this, some actually report off cycle etc. But for the cards I have in my sig. they've all been reporting a couple of days after the statments cut.

Someone else can help you with the Amazon, I have no frame of reference with that one. Smiley Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

I called Amazon(store card) today to see where my statement was since it was supposed to post on the 12th...apparently since I paid the card off I don't get a statement..hahahaha.  Oh wow. Shows you how new I am to CC's. Smiley LOL   

Anyway....I want to know when they report to the credit bureaus because I am desperately awaiting an increase in FICO(since closing my FP dropped me 13 points!!) I asked the rep and she said it's the first or second week of the month??? Does anyone know if that's correct?? That seems strange to me.  If my statement closes on the 12th, why would they wait 3 weeks to report it?

I'm also wondering about Discover. My statement will post on the 17th. Does anyone know when they report?

Thanks!

For most lenders, they report within a 1-2 days after the statement is generated. Experian is usually the first to update it. Equifax and Transunion usually takes their own sweet time and it can take up to 1-2 weeks. 

Some banks have different policies on the other hand. US Bank seems to report at the end of the month for all customers, I think.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 4
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.

You know what's funny...that rep told me I wouldn't get a statement since I have a zero balance but a few hours later I got one LOL

So I'm thinking she doesn't exactly know what she's talking about. Hopefully it'll report in a few days and not next month

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.