drteharry

Does anyone know which CRA credit comp pull

[ Edited ]
for getting a credit card? My highest score is with Experian - right now, a 633, but collection co. agreed to  remove coll by Monday and I found one of my spouse's bankruptcy cards on my report (called Bank of America and they have said they would remove it), also HSBC is reporting a 9/2007 late on 5 accounts??? LOL I called them...I only have ONE account with them. Those are also supposed to be deleted soon. I am so glad I monitor my report.

Anyway, I am wondering specifically about Bank of America, and USAA...I am paying off 15k in credit cards this weekend (almost 50 percent of what I owe) and expect my score to jump with all the above gone to about 700. I would like to apply for a zero percent card to consolidate the rest of my ccards until my house sells when I can pay it all off. Anyone know who pulls what credit reporting agency for cards?

Message Edited by drteharry on 08-09-2008 05:16 PM
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Re: Does anyone know which CRA credit comp pull

drteharry wrote:
for getting a credit card? My highest score is with Experian - right now, a 633, but collection co. agreed to  remove coll by Monday and I found one of my spouse's bankruptcy cards on my report (called Bank of America and they have said they would remove it), also HSBC is reporting a 9/2007 late on 5 accounts??? LOL I called them...I only have ONE account with them. Those are also supposed to be deleted soon. I am so glad I monitor my report.

Anyway, I am wondering specifically about Bank of America, and USAA...I am paying off 15k in credit cards this weekend (almost 50 percent of what I owe) and expect my score to jump with all the above gone to about 700. I would like to apply for a zero percent card to consolidate the rest of my ccards until my house sells when I can pay it all off. Anyone know who pulls what credit reporting agency for cards?

Message Edited by drteharry on 08-09-2008 05:16 PM

Welcome to the FICO Forums, drteharry.

BofA pulls EX almost all the time, but may pull TU as well.

I don't know about USAA, but you can use the search function to find previous discussions on the cards you are interesting in learning about.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}