Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone like WF credit cards?

tag
degs138
Established Contributor

Does anyone like WF credit cards?

I bank at wells fargo so I have a credit card with them.  The APR is 16.97% and I get 1 point per dollar spent.  Does anyone use their Wells Fargo Card?  I use my Venture card and am thinking of getting a Sallie Mae.  I've had my Wells Fargo in the Sock Drawer for a couple months now.  How often should I use it so it doesn't get closed?

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone like WF credit cards?

I haven't used mine in quite some time and it's still open with its ridiculous limit. I don't even bother with that thing anymore.
Message 2 of 49
degs138
Established Contributor

I don't know how Wells Fargo is a thing.  They wouldn't give me a good Mortgage rate, wouldn't give me a good auto loan rate.  Won't auto increase my credit card limit.  All the while I'm pulling more and more money out of their bank and putting it into a credit union that is giving me a 3.25 APY.  If I didn't have an HSA with Wells Fargo I probably would have left by now.

Message 3 of 49
baller4life
Super Contributor

You won't find many Wells Fargo fans here. I moved my banking from them to a CU after 10 years of banking. They suck....like royally!
Message 4 of 49
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I bank with Chase and Wells Fargo. I've looked over Wells Fargo's credit card offerings, and nothing really interests me or fits into my rewards strategy. WF isn't really competitive on very many loan products at all... I wouldn't turn to them for a credit card, auto loan, nor a mortgage. 

Message 5 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their offerings are iffy at best.
Message 6 of 49
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
You won't find many Wells Fargo fans here. I moved my banking from them to a CU after 10 years of banking. They suck....like royally!

Amen , I'm only keeping their card because I U.S. It to buy gift cards off their site. (Visa)

hreat at for special occasions and holidays.the person nam is printed onto the card Etc.

just refi my auto loan I had with them. WF had me at 10.79% 

my CU gave me 1.65%

so , as baller said, they ain't worth a Food Stamp (but not in those words )

Message 7 of 49
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

They are stingy, but I still use their products since I find it useful. Also, WF was the first one to give me a credit card with a good limit. So I'm sorta a fan Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 49
degs138
Established Contributor

Yeah i've noticed they are just plain terrible.  I get free money orders and casheirs checks due to my work also banking with them.  That and my HSA, really only reason I'm their.

Message 9 of 49
baller4life
Super Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Amen , I'm only keeping their card because I U.S. It to buy gift cards off their site. (Visa)

hreat at for special occasions and holidays.the person nam is printed onto the card Etc.

just refi my auto loan I had with them. WF had me at 10.79% 

my CU gave me 1.65%

so , as baller said, they ain't worth a Food Stamp (but not in those words )

hero_gatsbywide_1.jpg

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.