cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone really consider Cap1 a Prime Lender?

tag
JonStur
Established Contributor

Re: Does anyone really consider Cap1 a Prime Lender?

@bs6054 wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

If I knew nothing about its reputation on the forums Capital One would of had me really believing they are a Prime Lender. Instant approval online. Fast and easy account management online and with iphone app. Automatic card activation on the phone without having to talk to a person. Pretty good fraud detection department shutting my card down temporarily after two back to back $500 in store charges and notifying me immediately for verification. And finally, domestic CSR redeemed my No Hassle Miles on the telephone. Capital One has a place in my wallet. I pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fee. Plus my super shiny card is attractive. Smiley Happy

+1 I thought I was all that and a bag of chips when I got my Cap1 a couple months ago...until I got to myFico forums lol

+100. I got my Cap One VentureOne just before I joined these forums. I was planning a trip. I didn't know anything about CapOne's reputation as a subprime lender. I made a list of all the pros and cons of five cards including CSP and for my needs (which include NO AF), the VentureOne jumped off the list as the best card of all. Nobody else even close.

Then I applied and got instantly approved and they not only gave me a Visa siggy but my first right out of the box $10k limit. I felt great, partly because their requirements for the card are high. Then I came here and saw everybody looking down their noses.

So forget the views of others!  You have a good limit on a free card, which is what you wanted.   

+1. I Use my reliable cap one whenever I travel.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 41 of 43
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I don't consider them a Prime Lender, nor do I consider them a Conservative Lender as they keep stating.

A Conservative Lender does not lend to people with damaged or short credit history is the response I give to them when they say it on the phone or in chat.  If more of us reply with that, then their propoganda department will have to work over time to figure out what to say next.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 42 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

I don't consider them a Prime Lender, nor do I consider them a Conservative Lender as they keep stating.

A Conservative Lender does not lend to people with damaged or short credit history is the response I give to them when they say it on the phone or in chat.  If more of us reply with that, then their propoganda department will have to work over time to figure out what to say next.

lum1.jpg

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.