Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone use their NASA CC?

I used it once.

Message 21 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I've been using mine as well with great frequency. 

Message 22 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Any reason why to use it more than say Double Cash or Fidelity Amex.   The rewards paying out once a year makes it somewhat les valuable than those.

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Any reason why to use it more than say Double Cash or Fidelity Amex.   The rewards paying out once a year makes it somewhat les valuable than those.

Only reason to use it for anything beyond a BT for people with high debt (i.e. can't get 0% rate BT to cover full debt) is if you don't have better rewards cards. The NASA card is useful for some people as a utility buffer or BT card, but that is about it. Those who want simplicity and prefer to use just 1 or 2 cards might also choose to use it. However, for anyone who wants to optimize rewards, this card should basically be SD'd. 

Message 24 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Only reason to use it for anything beyond a BT for people with high debt (i.e. can't get 0% rate BT to cover full debt) is if you don't have better rewards cards. The NASA card is useful for some people as a utility buffer or BT card, but that is about it. Those who want simplicity and prefer to use just 1 or 2 cards might also choose to use it. However, for anyone who wants to optimize rewards, this card should basically be SD'd. 

Or used for purchasing Amex Gift Cards!   And probably some other uses

Message 25 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I'm actually testing the waters to see how the (annual payout) rewards program pans out (just got the card in Oct) and I don't have the Citi Double Cash (yet).  However, I do currently put a moderate amount of spend on my Fidelity AMEX.

Message 26 of 27
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I'm actually testing the waters to see how the (annual payout) rewards program pans out (just got the card in Oct) and I don't have the Citi Double Cash (yet).  However, I do currently put a moderate amount of spend on my Fidelity AMEX.

Testing the waters is fun!

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.