Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: Does banking at the CCC really help your odds?

I thought BOA was known to offer a Platinum Plus Visa to people with at least 3 months of positive checking account history.

Maybe I am remembering wrong.
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor
Solarjuju

I've had BOA VISA since 2002. From secure to unsecure.
CLi only twice in 6 years, to $800
Opened checking and savings account with them in 2006.
Linked all my accounts online.
2 months ago, asked for product change to World Points, got it after about 6 weeks (called numerous times and the reps didn't know what a product change was).
Asked for CLi in March, was denied. Asked for recon in May, was denied.
Conclusion: I don't see having multiple accounts with them has given me an advantage.

The only perks I got was a box of free checks that will last me for over a decade. I just finished my first book of 25 checks since I started banking at BOA 2 years ago!
Regular Contributor
MsMS

It depends on the company.

When I was in college, I had checking & savings with Suntrust, and they wouldn't give me even a low-limit CC for gas and stuff.  They promptly lost the checking & savings business.  Discover gave me my first card, no problem!  (I really wish there was a :confused: smiley!)

The checking & savings got moved to a local bank, and I believe it was a good help with getting my first car loan, my first house, and refi'ing my HELOC.  I've never tried getting a CC from them, though.

USAA told me plainly that the more products you had with them, the better their rates and the more likely you are to be approved- the lady strongly suggested opening a checking account with them before refinancing our truck loan.

-MsMS
Regular Contributor
ChuckG

Been banking with citibank for 10 years, no love on a citicard, but maybe they have a good memory since I had a charge off with them in the past... now paid, but still.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}