cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does banking at the CCC really help your odds?

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Does banking at the CCC really help your odds?

I thought BOA was known to offer a Platinum Plus Visa to people with at least 3 months of positive checking account history.

Maybe I am remembering wrong.
Here we go again...
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had BOA VISA since 2002. From secure to unsecure.
CLi only twice in 6 years, to $800
Opened checking and savings account with them in 2006.
Linked all my accounts online.
2 months ago, asked for product change to World Points, got it after about 6 weeks (called numerous times and the reps didn't know what a product change was).
Asked for CLi in March, was denied. Asked for recon in May, was denied.
Conclusion: I don't see having multiple accounts with them has given me an advantage.

The only perks I got was a box of free checks that will last me for over a decade. I just finished my first book of 25 checks since I started banking at BOA 2 years ago!
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the company.

When I was in college, I had checking & savings with Suntrust, and they wouldn't give me even a low-limit CC for gas and stuff.  They promptly lost the checking & savings business.  Discover gave me my first card, no problem!  (I really wish there was a :confused: smiley!)

The checking & savings got moved to a local bank, and I believe it was a good help with getting my first car loan, my first house, and refi'ing my HELOC.  I've never tried getting a CC from them, though.

USAA told me plainly that the more products you had with them, the better their rates and the more likely you are to be approved- the lady strongly suggested opening a checking account with them before refinancing our truck loan.

-MsMS
Message 13 of 14
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Been banking with citibank for 10 years, no love on a citicard, but maybe they have a good memory since I had a charge off with them in the past... now paid, but still.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.