cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does barclay allow to apply for 2 of the same credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does barclay allow to apply for 2 of the same credit card?

After reading a lot of horror stories of FR by amex, I think I might limit my exposure to amex at this point. I might not

apply for blue cash preferred next year. I just look for other substitutes and found that the card that I just got approved,

Travelocity amex $39 AF version, also offer cardholder to boost cash back on groceries to 4%. Because I already chose

restaurant category on this card, I have to apply for another card if I want to get boost on different categories.

I'm not sure if barclay ever allow cardholder to have two of the same card. Anyone want to share?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Does barclay allow to apply for 2 of the same credit card?

But then you have to pay AF twice you know. Can't you just change the boost category?

Message 2 of 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

I don't think they will let you to do that. You can always call them to ask.

Ron.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need  4% cash back from restaurants too. I spend there more than groceries. BCP has $75 AF which is a little steeper

but better discount of 6%. AF is not an issue here because I usually shop groceries or dine out with friends who never

use credit card. I could offset AF within 2 months.

Message 4 of 6
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Did you check with barclays to see if your absolutely stuck in that category? i have never heard of anyone (except walmart and BBRZMC) giving two identical products to a consumer that would be strange, anything is possible though.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@unlucky_hove wrote:

Did you check with barclays to see if your absolutely stuck in that category? i have never heard of anyone (except walmart and BBRZMC) giving two identical products to a consumer that would be strange, anything is possible though.

I read from fine print that I could change category after 1 year. I need to keep the restaurant one but just want another for grocery too, if possible.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.