cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does boa ever auto increase any card's credit line?

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Does boa ever auto increase any card's credit line?

Or does any card ever auto increase credit limit after like a year or something like that?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Does boa ever auto increase any card's credit line?

I received several, but this is years ago before the GFC. Things were quite different then, and credit was much easier to obtain. I don't use my BofA card at all these days, so I'm not sure what their current policies are.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Or does any card ever auto increase credit limit after like a year or something like that?

CLI's are never based on just time regardless of creditor.  It's always credit and income versus underwriting criteria.

Message 3 of 11
wmweeza
Established Contributor

BofA has been great with CLI for me! My first was at one year on my original CL of $500, then about every 4 months like clockwork I'd get a $600 CLI, since I haven't had the card very long that brought me up to $2300. I just recently requested my first CLI which brought me to $5400, but everything from $500-2300 was auto CLI's.

It seems everyone has a different experience with them. I charge between $30-100, PIF, and I think I've only had a balance report twice. I've never had a late payment. Apparently I'm doing something right because they seem to like my habits I guess! Now I'm just wondering since I requested my first CLI if the auto CLI's will go away, guess I'll find out in about 4 months

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 4 of 11
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

BofA has given me auto CLIs on both cards until I reached 5K limits and then it stayed there with no move. So I did take a HP to double the CL on both cards last year...2 for 1 was a good deal and worth the HP Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Mike8181

In my previous pre BK life about 2 years ago i had their mensa card go from $10000 to $13500.

Message 6 of 11
Jahmakan
Valued Member

I used to get them on my VISA card I have with them.  But I have not received an automatic increase for about three years now; I don't NEED it anyway. 

Message 7 of 11
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

My BofA card is about 10 months old.  I run close to $200 every month and PIF and have never gotten any CLIs. 

Message 8 of 11
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

I took a HP to go from 1K to 5K.  My account has been open for a little over 1 year.

Message 9 of 11
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

I got BOA BBR and Fidelity AMEX which is pretty much same as BOA (FIA). Anyway, no auto love, but got best increases out of any bank. Started BOA BBR at $1500 and then requested increase to $5k after 2 months. Granted. Started Fidelity Amex at $1k, when it arrived called backdoor to get it to $2k, no HP. Took a HP 2 months later to get $5k and took another HP just last month (2 months after increase to $5k) for another $5k and granted. $10k. The BOA Better Balance Reward is not worth HP anymore. $5k is fine with me on that card. it sees very little use and just enough to milk $100 a year from BOA and it has Netflix, Credit Monitoring and Gym on it every month!. PIF!

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.