cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does chase allow forwarding of new cards?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Does chase allow forwarding of new cards?

Need some info please.Moved into a new place today but think my new Chase card was mailed out today and will be here by friday or monday.Have contacted the post office to reroute my mail. Is there anything on the envelope that says do not forward? Called chase and the rep seem to have never heard this question before.Don't want to call back and push my luck. So I'm not sure what to do. What say your? Problem or not? Thanks

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: Does chase allow forwarding of new cards?

I ran into a similar problem - credit card was mailed to my old residence. They do not forward, so it will go back to Chase and they will have to send you another one at your new address.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 2 of 12
swpopham
Established Contributor

call and change your address with chase and request new cards. Tell them something happened that made you move and they will reissue new cards.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 3 of 12
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

That's weird. I mean...I would assume that if you filed for a change of address with USPS...all your mail would get forwarded. The card is in a unmarked envelop. It's not like its says "CREDIT CARD INSIDE". I don't see why it wouldn't be included in the forward...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 12
bribro
Valued Contributor

If you're anxious to get your new card(s), Chase might overnight them to you for free upon request.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 12
adavis425
Established Contributor

The only reason your cards would go back to Chase is if you moved without forwarding your mail. In this case, mail would be noted UAA (undeliverable as addressed) and returned to sender. There is nothing on the envelope which would prevent forwarding. If you notified the p.o. to forward your mail, you should begin to see mail with the yellow sticker (meaning it's been forwarded) within 7-10 days. HTH

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 6 of 12
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

This has been a hectic week and a some what weird one.Thanks for all the responses.I'm not clear on what the Chase policy is regarding their rules for forwarding credit cards.You would think the evelope would be plain as to avoid additional attention. I did not know if the words on it could say, "DO NOT FORWARD" But I called today and the rep gave me a response that left the question hanging,she went all around the answer I needed to hear. So I decided to call back again this evening and a rep told me that forwarding would be handled just like any other letter. So now I don't know what to think. Every letter to date in this new apartment where my lady has been living has had the reroute yellow sticker on it.So I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 7 of 12
adavis425
Established Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

This has been a hectic week and a some what weird one.Thanks for all the responses.I'm not clear on what the Chase policy is regarding their rules for forwarding credit cards.You would think the evelope would be plain as to avoid additional attention. I did not know if the words on it could say, "DO NOT FORWARD" But I called today and the rep gave me a response that left the question hanging,she went all around the answer I needed to hear. So I decided to call back again this evening and a rep told me that forwarding would be handled just like any other letter. So now I don't know what to think. Every letter to date in this new apartment where my lady has been living has had the reroute yellow sticker on it.So I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

Exactly. There's nothing on it to prevent it being forwarded. As long as you put in an address change, your mail (including Chase) will be forwarded to you. If not, it'll go back to Chase. So the only question is whether or not you submitted a change of address form, either in person or online. If you're receiving mail with yellow stickers you must have submitted the change. I wouldn't worry.

Edited for additional info.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 8 of 12
ajh5408
Contributor

I know you've already found your answer (yes, it will forward), but I think it's worth pointing out for other's benefit: Changing your address and sending you a new card are two things that generally don't jive. AFAIK, Chase will not send you a replacement card within 30 days of an address change. You would need to go into a branch with several forms of identification, and even then, you may just get a temp card... So I would strongly suggest leaving your address as-is until you've received the card.

Message 9 of 12
compassion101
Established Contributor

I did this recently and it was forwarded. Chase PC was sent to my old address and forwarded to new one.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.