Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does citi blacklist?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Does citi blacklist?

I had an account closed by them.

About 9 months late with an impored FICO...

even with a 720 FICO, they cited I was denied solely due to that account having been closed in the past year.  

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 13
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@ways2go wrote:

Citibank does,  they have a memory like an elephant.   Citigroup maybe.  Two different divisions.   Citi bank still blacklists me from a chapter 13 from 1991.  Citigroup gave me a shell card about 2 years ago. 

Is the Best Buy Mastercard Citibank or Citigroup? On my  TU report it shows as "BEST BUY/CBNA", prety sure that's Citibank North America. I burned them for 2 cards & $13k+ in my 2010 BK7. I don't think they would approve me for it I apped now, I got it from HSBC and now with Citi for a couple years. They did approve doubling my CL to $2k last fall (w/HP), but their CC prequal page pretty much comes back with a "you can't be serious?". Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 13
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

@happypill wrote:

@Seatown1two wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried the prequal again and the offer for the dc is 22.9% apr... No thanks haha

Don't kno wwhy APR would be a concern.  Even more than other cards, the Double Cash is one you'd PIF to collect the remaining 2nd 1% rewards.  People really need to stop stressing about APR on reward cards.

No arguement there..  This would definitely be a card I would PIF each month..  It's just irksome knowing that number is so high. Smiley LOL

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.