Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does comenity reduce APRs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does comenity reduce APRs?

I could understand a higher credit limit being desirable for the decrease in overall utilization. But to arbitrarily want an APR reduction confounds me.
Message 21 of 24
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

As a general note, posts that were off-topic have been moved to their own thread in Smorgasbord.   Please keep your replies in this thread on-topic and within our Forum's FSR guidelines.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 22 of 24
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have heard that they do on their Visas and MC.

They do!  I actually just closed my Marathon Visa which had a 16.99% APR.  This was the lowest it could go.  I asked for the interest rate on it to be lowered years ago and I was told that it wasn't eligble then, but to check back later.  I was also told there were tiers and in the future I might be able to go one tier down and then down another tier later.  So I when I did call back, about only 6 months later they lowered it to the lowest tier.  I guess I had done well enough with my account that I qualified for the lowest tier.  And by that I mean it was sitting in the sock drawer, so they probably figured I needed a card to revolve a balance on and they probabaly should give me the lowest tier.  That was almost 2 years ago I think.  I only used it about 3 times in that period and finally just closed it a few days ago.  Comenity doesn't like to be bothered with closing accounts so it can be done on their automated system.  I gues they really aren't into retention action too much.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 23 of 24
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Couple of months ago I requested an APR reduction on my Total Rewards card by email, day later they dropped the rate 4 pointrs so yes, Comenity will drop the APR on some cards, sometimes - I have no idea what qualifies for a reduction because Comenity and I generally don't get alone .... well other than the one card.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.