Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 77
Registered: ‎06-05-2013
0

Re: Does everybody start with low limit cards?

Dang bribro is that 150,000 on CL with just chase plus the Palladium?

AMEX BCE - $27,000 ~ Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $24,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $10,000
USAA MASTERCARD - $10,000 Commerce Bank Visa $8,000~
USAA Student VISA - $1,000 ~ Chase Freedom - $500
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Does everybody start with low limit cards?

Most people start with low limits. I started with a 700 WF unsecured card myself. I was opening a checking account and the banker suggested some "combo" package and I went along with it. Ended up with a savings, checkings, credit card and a free pony :smileyvery-happy:

 

I've seen a few people start with >10k CLs. 

Most of those people either have rich parents, or they just never bothered getting CCs until they were already well established in their careers and finances. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,758
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Does everybody start with low limit cards?


enharu wrote:

Most people start with low limits. I started with a 700 WF unsecured card myself. I was opening a checking account and the banker suggested some "combo" package and I went along with it. Ended up with a savings, checkings, credit card and a free pony :smileyvery-happy:

 

I've seen a few people start with >10k CLs. 

Most of those people either have rich parents, or they just never bothered getting CCs until they were already well established in their careers and finances. 


They gave you a pony now I know I got beat ...awwwh man Lol



+ Chase Ink =

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: Does everybody start with low limit cards?


drinkthekoolaid wrote:

Dang bribro is that 150,000 on CL with just chase plus the Palladium?


Yes. I do my banking and investing through J.P. Morgan and fly United fairly often, so the Chase/Ultimate Rewards credit card platform is a perfect fit.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Valued Member
Posts: 77
Registered: ‎06-05-2013
0

Re: Does everybody start with low limit cards?

Understandable, hiring? LOL:smileyhappy:

AMEX BCE - $27,000 ~ Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $24,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $10,000
USAA MASTERCARD - $10,000 Commerce Bank Visa $8,000~
USAA Student VISA - $1,000 ~ Chase Freedom - $500
Member
Posts: 25
Registered: ‎07-20-2013
0

Re: Does everybody start with low limit cards?

Do you belong to a credit union? They generally give out higher limits.


trying_to_B_good wrote:

Hello all!.....and WAR EAGLE!

 

My question is this.  Did everybody here start with low limit cards and build up to the larger limit(ie$1,000+) cards, or did you just start getting the higher limit cards from the start?  You can see my cards listed at the bottom of this post.  The highest limit on these cards are the victoria's secret($500) and Total Rewards Visa($500).  The other cards vary from $300-$400 limits.  I know that PIF each month is key to CLI's. Does salary come into play with the limits issued, upon opening accts?  I recently got an offer from First Premier Bank(:smileysad:) with a preapproved limit of $700, and I actually considered it becuase of the limit, itself. I hear that the cc companies look at your current limits and base their decision off of your current limits, or somewhere close(is that right?).  I did not take the offer, but should I? I have recieved some excellent advice from my friends here(creditaddict:smileywink:) as to call credit solutions and my various other creditors and simply ask for the increases....which im still patiently waiting to do(i wanna get myself to a better place before i do). So did you guys have to work for those limits-or-did they come easy?

 

Thanks for y'alls time!!

AUBURN





Starting Score: 09/2012 635 EXP [myFICO]
683 EQ [myFICO] | 692 EXP [Lender] | 700 TRANS [Walmart FICO]

Current Scores are as of 08/2013: On my way to 700's. Too many Inquiries - In the GARDEN 08/2013
Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Does everybody start with low limit cards?


myjourney wrote:

enharu wrote:

Most people start with low limits. I started with a 700 WF unsecured card myself. I was opening a checking account and the banker suggested some "combo" package and I went along with it. Ended up with a savings, checkings, credit card and a free pony :smileyvery-happy:

 

I've seen a few people start with >10k CLs. 

Most of those people either have rich parents, or they just never bothered getting CCs until they were already well established in their careers and finances. 


They gave you a pony now I know I got beat ...awwwh man Lol


haha its one of those ridiculous soft toys they always give out.

They even used to had a chariot soft toy lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 395
Registered: ‎01-27-2012
0

Re: Does everybody start with low limit cards?


trying_to_B_good wrote:

Hello all!.....and WAR EAGLE!

 

My question is this.  Did everybody here start with low limit cards and build up to the larger limit(ie$1,000+) cards, or did you just start getting the higher limit cards from the start?  You can see my cards listed at the bottom of this post.  The highest limit on these cards are the victoria's secret($500) and Total Rewards Visa($500).  The other cards vary from $300-$400 limits.  I know that PIF each month is key to CLI's. Does salary come into play with the limits issued, upon opening accts?  I recently got an offer from First Premier Bank(:smileysad:) with a preapproved limit of $700, and I actually considered it becuase of the limit, itself. I hear that the cc companies look at your current limits and base their decision off of your current limits, or somewhere close(is that right?).  I did not take the offer, but should I? I have recieved some excellent advice from my friends here(creditaddict:smileywink:) as to call credit solutions and my various other creditors and simply ask for the increases....which im still patiently waiting to do(i wanna get myself to a better place before i do). So did you guys have to work for those limits-or-did they come easy?

 

Thanks for y'alls time!!

AUBURN


I think most of us did, I started with a Providian card with a CL of  500!  :smileysad:

Money Never Sleeps! ~CL $270,600 .FIC, Amex $10,000 EX 777 EQ 768 TU 765: Beaver Card $20.000: Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard $20,000 Lowe's Business Amex $5,000
Amex Blue Sky $24,500: Amex Premier Rewards Gold :NPSL: Amex Costco $7000:Chase Freedom $5,000: Home Depot $8,700 Discover IT 8500 :Citi Thank you Card $16,500: Citi Simplicity $11,500: Chase Sapphire $31,200 :smileyfrustrated:am's Club M/C $19,000 :Cap1 World MC $8500 :Vibe,Credit Union $16,000 :Walmart M/C $14,000
Macy's AMEX $10,000 Macy's Store Card $2500. Alliant C/U 15000
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,758
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Does everybody start with low limit cards?


enharu wrote:

myjourney wrote:

enharu wrote:

Most people start with low limits. I started with a 700 WF unsecured card myself. I was opening a checking account and the banker suggested some "combo" package and I went along with it. Ended up with a savings, checkings, credit card and a free pony :smileyvery-happy:

 

I've seen a few people start with >10k CLs. 

Most of those people either have rich parents, or they just never bothered getting CCs until they were already well established in their careers and finances. 


They gave you a pony now I know I got beat ...awwwh man Lol


haha its one of those ridiculous soft toys they always give out.

They even used to had a chariot soft toy lol


LOL

I would have taken the pony too in that case



+ Chase Ink =

Super Contributor
Posts: 7,132
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: Does everybody start with low limit cards?


myjourney wrote:

enharu wrote:

haha its one of those ridiculous soft toys they always give out.

They even used to had a chariot soft toy lol


LOL

I would have taken the pony too in that case


I used to ask them for the soft toy whenever I walk into the branch. Sometimes they would give it to me, sometimes they wouldn't. 

If they gave it to me, I would give it to my dog, which will literally destroy the toy within 3hours........lol

 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.