cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does everyone get F/R at least once by AMEX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does everyone get F/R at least once by AMEX?

My parents have had AMEX for decades and never were FR'd to my knowledge.  I have the BCE and really am not worried.  Even if I am FRd, it's not a big deal.

Message 11 of 26
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It makes me think whether we are overparanoid on this forum. AMEX issues some 50 million cards in the U.S. alone so I find it hard to picture them watching us like a hawk 24/7.

+1

Performing a F/R takes time and resources, and thus costs Amex money. I don't see how it could be cost effective to do this on every cardholder.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 12 of 26
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It makes me think whether we are overparanoid on this forum. AMEX issues some 50 million cards in the U.S. alone so I find it hard to picture them watching us like a hawk 24/7.

+1

Performing a F/R takes time and resources, and thus costs Amex money. I don't see how it could be cost effective to do this on every cardholder.

Yep, it is part of their risk management, and their are certain triggers that raise red flags.   Like trying to run $75,000 on a brand new charge card.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Yep, it is part of their risk management, and their are certain triggers that raise red flags.   Like trying to run $75,000 on a brand new charge card.....

Well in that case I have been flying way under the radar Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

No.   The chance of FR is highly overblown, and with most of the FRs that we hear about here, there is some contributing factor involving behaviour, spending habits, etc..

This.  If it was common, AMEX wouldn't have had the highest customer service rating (according to JDPower & Associates) last year.  People do dumb things and AMEX wants to protect itself as well as other AMEX customers.

I've been with AMEX for 10 months now and I've never had a problem.

Message 15 of 26
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

32 years continuous membership with AMEX and have NEVER been questioned about my finances in any way, shape or form. 

Message 16 of 26
dharalex
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy I read that thread...crazy! Hi, I would like to activate my card...by the way, I plan on charging $75,000 real soon, ok? I'm not trying to be mean spirited, but I just don't get it!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 26
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I have had amex cards off and on, business and personal, from the mid 80's and i never once even had it come up. There were a few years where my spending, (i was a travelling salesman) got what i thought was pretty high.

Right now though, i only have one acct, delta plat, with a 10k cl and i sure dont think they would waste the postage on me.
Message 18 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Amex did 3 times FR on me in the last 4 years.

Message 19 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Nope. Never once.

I don't try to game my cards, and I don't app for everything that moves, and I pay my bills promptly.

I have never had anything other than excellent CS from AmEx, including fraudulent usage on a card.

If people would stop trying to finagle deals that they read about on the Internet (including here), and just use their CC's in a sensible and responsible manner, we wouldn't have all this drama.

JMO/IMOFWIW/ETC

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.