cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does getting a credit limet icrease on your current cards improve your fico score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does getting a credit limet icrease on your current cards improve your fico score?

I'm looking forward to hear your responses.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does getting a credit limet icrease on your current cards improve your fico score?

I think it only pertains to your utilization.  By having more credit available it makes your util lower.  Some one correct me if i'm wrong.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does getting a credit limet icrease on your current cards improve your fico score?

It can help you by lowering your utility, how much it will help you depends on the change in your utility.. If you go from 45% utility to say.. 10% utility, you should see a decent score increase.

Of course paying down your debt will have the same effect! Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 4
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think it only pertains to your utilization.  By having more credit available it makes your util lower.  Some one correct me if i'm wrong.

This is definitely correct. The more credit you have the better your util% is providing the balance stays the same. Now if you increase your credit by 1500 and then also increase your balance by 1500, then it is a wash. 

I must stress however, i agree  with fender tremendously that paying off your balance is so much better. decreased bills and better util%.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.