Frequent Contributor
w20031424

Does heavy usage help Cap One CLI?

We know that for most credit cards, heavy usage will help auto-CLI. But I'm not sure about CapOne since you rarely get any meaningful auto-CLI, most times people have to contact their EO. 

In my case, my one and a half year old CapOne platinum is bumped from $750 to $1.5K, 1% added, AF waived, after I contacted EO, while they refuse to PC my card to Venture or Green cashback, of which part of the reason might be that it needs  a 3K or 5K minimum CL to do that PC.

So now I need to increase my CL. Since there auto-CLI is almost non-existent. I'm not sure what I can do about that. Does spending 4.5K(3X the CL) per month on my card for six month make a difference, in the EO's eye or system's eye about CLI, with spending $500 each month? Or I can do nothing about that except waiting?

Thanks.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Does heavy usage help Cap One CLI?

w20031424 wrote:

We know that for most credit cards, heavy usage will help auto-CLI. But I'm not sure about CapOne since you rarely get any meaningful auto-CLI, most times people have to contact their EO. 

In my case, my one and a half year old CapOne platinum is bumped from $750 to $1.5K, 1% added, AF waived, after I contacted EO, while they refuse to PC my card to Venture or Green cashback, of which part of the reason might be that it needs  a 3K or 5K minimum CL to do that PC.

So now I need to increase my CL. Since there auto-CLI is almost non-existent. I'm not sure what I can do about that. Does spending 4.5K(3X the CL) per month on my card for six month make a difference, in the EO's eye or system's eye about CLI, with spending $500 each month? Or I can do nothing about that except waiting?

Thanks.

Heavy usage on any card shows a lender that there may be a need to increase the limit its just that cap1 makes you go the EO route but for a SP its worth it for sure and contacting them again and again IMHO

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Super Contributor
enharu

depends on which CapOne card you get.

Those "excellent" credit cards might get some CLI.

The "normal" or "bad" credit cards are usually stuck with whatever CL you got.

You can always go through the EO route and see what happens.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Established Contributor
KIPPIE12

That's more than likely as others have said, a YMMV, depending on the issuer.  And Capital One, don't hold your breath. 

Current Score: EQ: 807 TU: 811 EX: 813 (Fico) 8/14
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally

Citi TY Premier 36k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Sams Discover 10k|Chase IHG Select Visa 26k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 10k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 10k|Chae IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}