Frequent Contributor
jake619

Does it exist?

[ Edited ]

Is there a website/database that outlines which businesses register their CC processing against a specific merchant category?  For example , San Diego Gas & Electric reports to Barclays as "Merchant Category: UTILITIES - GAS, WATER, SANITARY, ELECTRIC" so it's clear its a utility and I get my 2% rewards.  I  was thinking there should be a central database of this information.

Any ideas?  Barclays knows how to credit me accordingly but refuses to release their back-end lookup information.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Established Contributor
djrez4

Re: Does it exist?

Frequent Contributor
jake619

djrez4 wrote:

Yes.

Perfect.  I know I wasn't specific, but is this good for non-VISA like MC or AMEX, etc...?  Thanks.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Blogger
HiLine

djrez4 wrote:

Yes.

Subscribed. Thanks for the link! :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}