cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it help to become an Authorized user?

tag
janelle79
Valued Member

Does it help to become an Authorized user?

I am in the process of trying to rebuild my credit.  I got a secured credit card and have been working with Lexington Law since April. I have gotten several items deleted but still have some negative items.  I am meeting with consumer credit counseling to determine if I should settle the old debt or pay in full.  My goal is to build up to be able to get a mortgage- right now my score is around 575.   My question is if my mother added me to a credit card of hers (she has excellent credit and pays it off every month) will this help me? Suze Ormann recommended this on one of her shows.  Im just curious as to what I should do.  Thanks for your insight!

Bk Filed 5/27, DC 9/2
September 21- TU- 511, EQ 556, EXP 604
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Does it help to become an Authorized user?

@janelle79 wrote:

I am in the process of trying to rebuild my credit.  I got a secured credit card and have been working with Lexington Law since April. I have gotten several items deleted but still have some negative items.  I am meeting with consumer credit counseling to determine if I should settle the old debt or pay in full.  My goal is to build up to be able to get a mortgage- right now my score is around 575.   My question is if my mother added me to a credit card of hers (she has excellent credit and pays it off every month) will this help me? Suze Ormann recommended this on one of her shows.  Im just curious as to what I should do.  Thanks for your insight!

1. Call and CANCEL Lexington Law NOW!!! The fact that you are posting here means you know about this WEALTH of knowledge and experience waiting to tap the keys to answer you and help you! I have come here to ask for "sample letters to collection agency's, mortgage, auto, credit card, etc. to send off to these companies... that's ALL Lexington Law is doing for you.

2. Do you currently have ANYTHING open and in good standing?

2a. What are they, and who are they with and what's the limit and what do you owe?

3. What card would your mom add you too? what is limit and what is her balance and what year did she open it?

Message 2 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

UGH, Knew I would forget one!

4. What accounts are left that you speak of settle or PIF?

4a. How many years have they been bad?

4b. What is the amount owed, What was original amount spent?

Message 3 of 15
toppers555
Established Contributor

If  you don't have time like myself , Lexington law isn't bad choice tbh.  But if you have time to put effort into doing leg work yourself , their really no need to pay them.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 4 of 15
janelle79
Valued Member

Thank you for your response. 

1. I signed up for Lexington Law before I joined this site and had any idea what I was doing. I am done with them after this month

2. I have my car loan, which I pay early abd extra every month.  I have 6 student loans that I pay on monthly and a secured credit card that reports- i use it only for gas and groceries and pat it off every Friday

2a. I have several OLD things from the average of 2-5 years ago.  The debt totals about 7,000- the biggest thing is a Repossession from 4/2010.  I am confused as to if i settled it or pay it in full.  Its so old that I don't know what will help most.   

3..  She would add me to her VISA which she uses for all her purchases($3000.00 more so at Christmas)  and pays it off in full every month.  I am not sure her credit limit-I can ask her- she has perfect credit so I imagine it is high. 

Bk Filed 5/27, DC 9/2
Message 5 of 15
janelle79
Valued Member

I have about 6 old things with balances- the rest of paid off but still on there negative.  The biggest is the Repo from GMAC- $5300.00 in April of 2010.  I have no problem paying all the debt in full- i just am not sure which is better for me to do- settle or pay in full- does it matter after years have past??

Bk Filed 5/27, DC 9/2
Message 6 of 15
janelle79
Valued Member

I swear by them- my score has gone up 75 points since April- it was even WORSE (if thats possible) before them!!

Bk Filed 5/27, DC 9/2
Message 7 of 15
janelle79
Valued Member

She would add me to her Targret Visa, Open since 2003, never late, paid in full every montrh

Bk Filed 5/27, DC 9/2
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mom added me as an AU on her citi card..limit 9.3k, balance reporting now is $223. Always on time. It's 10yrs old and I noticed an aaoa bump when it reported.
Message 9 of 15
janelle79
Valued Member

I'm sorry but what is an aaoa bump?
Bk Filed 5/27, DC 9/2
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.