Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it mean I got denied?

tag
casi218
Valued Member

Does it mean I got denied?

So I just went to the Chase Freedom website and applied for the credit card. It said it is in further review and could take up to 10 days. Doesn't that usually mean you are denied? I applied with them last May and was denied because I was an autherized user on an account that was turned over to collections. I have since then gotten that removed from my credit reports. What do you think my chances are??? My score on Myfico right now is a 661. Any feedback is welcomed Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
timkrof
Contributor

Re: Does it mean I got denied?

I just did the exact same thing as you last week (3/7/2012) and got the same response.  Call the backdoor number for Chase listed on this site's Community topics.

I spoke with a very nice rep who I explained gto that all my of collections were at least 3 years old and I haven't had any late payments recently.  She agreed to do a recon of my app and I was approved for 4k.  I'm hoping to get my card in the mail today!

My FICO's are: TU 707 | EX: 680 | EQ: 660

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Message 2 of 24
casi218
Valued Member

So did you call right away when you got that message or did you wait to recieve the letter in the mail? I just want to make sure I do it correctly! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions!!

Message 3 of 24
FrugalRican
Blogger

Call them. Sometimes it'll say that and you might have been approved right away but it won't show up automatically on the screen.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@casi218 wrote:

So I just went to the Chase Freedom website and applied for the credit card. It said it is in further review and could take up to 10 days. Doesn't that usually mean you are denied? I applied with them last May and was denied because I was an autherized user on an account that was turned over to collections. I have since then gotten that removed from my credit reports. What do you think my chances are??? My score on Myfico right now is a 661. Any feedback is welcomed Smiley Happy

No, it means they are further reviewing your file and may need additional information from you. I would give them a call.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did the same thing last week and received the same 7-10 day message. The next day I got the e-mail with an approval for 3K! I hope that helps......

Message 6 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did the same thing last week and received the same 7-10 day message. The next day I got the e-mail with an approval for 3K! I hope that helps......

Welcome to the forums!!!

Congrats on your Chase approval!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 8 of 24
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

And welcome to the forums for casi218, too! (Lurking about since 2009). Thank you for being here! Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 24
casi218
Valued Member

Yep! I have been lurking for quite some time! Smiley Happy Well we gave them a call and they denied us Smiley Sad The guy told us that we don't have a long enough credit history and the credit cards we do have are all low limits...duh! We could only get the cards with lower limits. I am thinking about calling again later to see if we can talk to someone else and have better luck...hate this!!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.