cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my available credit at penfed, nfcu, etc affect the amount my wife would get?

tag
thcredit

Does my available credit at penfed, nfcu, etc affect the amount my wife would get?

I've got great limits at penfed, nfcu, usaa, etc.   My spouse is looking to get some good credit lines, and we're wondering if my credit lines will affect what she'll get approved for?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Does my available credit at penfed, nfcu, etc affect the amount my wife would get?

Message 2 of 8
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Re: Does my available credit at penfed, nfcu, etc affect the amount my wife would get?

Is she a joint on any of the accounts, if so yes, if not then no.

Message 3 of 8
thcredit

No, she's not joint or AU on any accounts.  

Thanks for info.

Is it the same for USAA? 

Message 4 of 8
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@thcredit wrote:

Thanks for info.

Is it the same for USAA? 

I think so yes. She should give USAA a shot.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 8
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@thcredit wrote:

Thanks for info.

Is it the same for USAA? 

It would be the same for any lender.

Message 7 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@thcredit wrote:

Thanks for info.

Is it the same for USAA? 

Same answer for all.  If she's not an AU then none of your stuff is on her credit reports.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.