Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does paypal plus mastercard report to all 3 bureau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does paypal plus mastercard report to all 3 bureau

I understand FinStar I spoke to synchrony they said they will report it but as immediately closed. if I close this account immediately will it still affect my aaoa even if it's reported?
Message 11 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, it will impact some of your AAoA because it's a brand new tradeline added to your file, regardless if closed. It really would depend on how thick your overall file is though. If you've recently added a bunch of new accounts, this will simply be an aggregate of those so it will reduce your AAoA.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see nothing I can do. I did research but I didn't know there were two different banks I thought synchrony bought commenty bank. it was a good way to confuse me. Can you tell me if this is a good card I suppose this card is hard to get as what the representative said over the connect one.
Message 13 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely. If you got approved for the PayPal Extras MC then that's a step in the right direction. I have it and it's a pretty decent card. You earn 3x points for every dollar spent at gas stations and restaurants. 2x points for any spend with PayPal and eBay. 1x on any other MC purchases. They offer a variety of frequent promotions that can usually double or triple the points.
Message 14 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I should add that you can still apply for the PayPal Credit account (of course subject to credit approval) but you would need to create a separate PayPal account beforehand in order to link it.
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finstar thank you soo much for that. Plus since you have the card as well and says it good also I shop at eBay a lot and if there is any promotions I'll take it. I will keep it. Also I have a car repair coming up so I'd like to put this on it it will be close to maxing out but I'll pay it off in full immediately. I hope synchrony is ok with that. you did mention promotions is that on eBay and other PayPal purchases?
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did apply I was denied however I applied with my same PayPal account idk if that matters that I applied with the same account.
Message 17 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The promotions are for both eBay and PayPal. Plus, they tend to run other promotions such as earning specific X amount of rewards for using the card for other MC purchases.

Ok, now as far as the PayPal credit application, wait for the letter because if your PayPal Extras MC is linked to that PayPal account then that would be a no-go (can only have one per product). Call me crazy but I have all 3 (PayPal Extras MC, eBay MC and PayPal Credit - the eBay MC was a SYNCB screw up that worked in my favor Smiley Wink)

Perhaps someone who had a similar experience with the PayPal Credit denial can chime in. Can't recall if there's a number that one could call to rectify the mix up so you can provide them with a separate PayPal account to link (assuming this might be the issue).
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

So in other words it is one for every account on PayPal website. I see perhaps that was why commenty bank denied me. Oh well. I'll just keep this account use it for one year and see where it takes me
Message 19 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Correct, one credit product linked per PayPal account.

I'd say give it a test run for about a year and see how it fares with the rewards and your credit goals. If you're familiar with SYNCB, then this card can definitely have lots of growth potential down the road Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.