cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does pending transaction ON closing date report?

tag
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Does pending transaction ON closing date report?

Sorry your pending charge cleared just in time to make the statement. I swear, I almost never care either way whether a pending charge hits the statement. Usually a newly pending charge doesn’t clear until after statement cut (exception, Amex). At least, in your case, it’s not the end of the world – just inconvenient.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only care because I was testing data points for a thread topic I was going to start in a week or so.  Looks like now it will be a month before I can get that data point, as I'll need to wait for another cycle to close.

My cell phone company allowed me to back up the auto pay date from the 26th to the 22nd, but that's it.  The 22nd is my payment due date with Citi.  Backing it up to the 22nd really doesn't buy me much, as the transaction won't post until a couple of days past the payment due date.  I'm not sure if you can overpay with Citi (taking into account the pending transaction amount).  I may be best just off moving my recurring autopay for my cell phone to a different card, then back to the Citi card after I'm done playing with reported balance amounts.

Message 12 of 20
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

No, only posted transactions.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's annoying but you can also just manually pay that and use the autopay as an emergency backup.  Manually pay it on the 15th or 17th and you can make sure it posts way before statement cut.

I used to do that with one of my bills that refused to change the due date from the 13th, so I just manually pay it on the 1st every month and the autopay never kicks in.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776 wrote:

No, only posted transactions.

This thread has proven your statement above to be incorrect.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's annoying but you can also just manually pay that and use the autopay as an emergency backup.  Manually pay it on the 15th or 17th and you can make sure it posts way before statement cut.

I used to do that with one of my bills that refused to change the due date from the 13th, so I just manually pay it on the 1st every month and the autopay never kicks in.

That's true, I could just do that for a cycle (or two) at most while I'm playing around with balances.  After that I'll be fine with that cell phone balance reporting every cycle I suppose.

Message 16 of 20
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I guess I wonder if they can post a pending transaction (which may or may not post), will they post a pending payment? Seems only fair to me. One time a KFC employee rang through $25K and some change instead of $25 and some change. It showed as pending until corrected. That would mess up a slew of things.

Message 17 of 20
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Manual payments will cancel the recurring payments. They'll resume when you once again owe the phone company some money. I did that recently with my cable/internet bill to take advantage of an AMEX offer. I threw $300 at to get the full benefit of the offer. I figured that was easier than paying manually more than once. One autopay was skipped entirely, and the next month's autopay was for a small amount.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's true, I could just do that for a cycle (or two) at most while I'm playing around with balances.  After that I'll be fine with that cell phone balance reporting every cycle I suppose.

No idea who you bank with but if your cell phone payments are always the same you can set up a recurring autopay push from your bank a week before the autopay.  This means no major concern other than logging in to check your balance once a month!

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point and that's definitely another option here, too.  I'll just rock a manual payment next month once my bill is available and take it from there.  Ultimately I'm fine with my Citi card reporting a small balance monthly, just not this month (where I got screwed) and not next month, so I'll definitely make that manual payment.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.