cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Chase 5/24 rule apply for requesting a CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the Chase 5/24 rule apply for requesting a CLI?

So I went on a spree and got the idea for applying for 2 Chase cards first, and about 4 other ones from Synchrony bank before they would reported and would of got denied with the 5/24 rule from Chase.

I got approved for the 2 Chase Cards, but in a few weeks I will be well above there 5/24 rule. But let's say a year down the road if I request a CLI on one of the cards does the 5/24 rule apply and possibly denie the CLI?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does the Chase 5/24 rule apply for requesting a CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I went on a spree and got the idea for applying for 2 Chase cards first, and about 4 other ones from Synchrony bank before they would reported and would of got denied with the 5/24 rule from Chase.

I got approved for the 2 Chase Cards, but in a few weeks I will be well above there 5/24 rule. But let's say a year down the road if I request a CLI on one of the cards does the 5/24 rule apply and possibly denie the CLI?

No effect on CLI requests whatsoever.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice.... I hope my plan doesn't tumble.

Message 3 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, CLIs aren't subject to the 5/24 rule, true, but asking for a CLI might cause a manual look at your CR.    A year from now is probably not an issue.   But if you did it soon, we have heard isolated cases of Chase closing cards because of too many new accounts after they gave you the cards.   No idea how common this really is.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, CLIs aren't subject to the 5/24 rule, true, but asking for a CLI might cause a manual look at your CR.    A year from now is probably not an issue.   But if you did it soon, we have heard isolated cases of Chase closing cards because of too many new accounts after they gave you the cards.   No idea how common this really is.

All true but not what the OP asked so.....Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP, you asked about a year down the road. I'd think that they would.notice just when they review the account between now and then, and if they decided to react to your other accounts, it would happen before that time. But I'm not sure I'd app for anything else until then.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.