cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the credit card issuer call your employer?

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Does the credit card issuer call your employer?

I've just sent my recent two paystub to Alliant CU for their credit cards. I do filled in my company's information, do they really verify that? Just in case, maybe I should inform my company's HR about that.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Does the credit card issuer call your employer?

@w20031424 wrote:

I've just sent my recent two paystub to Alliant CU for their credit cards. I do filled in my company's information, do they really verify that? Just in case, maybe I should inform my company's HR about that.

YMMV on this one. The best thing to do is to inform your HR that they may call. Some companies require a written authorization to release information, so you may want to look into that.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

they rarely do call up your company, but don't be surprised if they ever do.

most of the time they just want to verify you're indeed working there and there's it if they do call.

they might even call your company main number, and ask to be transferred to you.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 7
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

I've never heard of that and I highly doubt they will waste there time for a credit card product, they just want to verify your income is Consistent and your Y2D earnings. 😃👍
Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 4 of 7
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

I have heard that they rarely call (I've never had any of CC companies call my employer) but when they do, they call the main number of your employer & just ask to be transferred to you & wait for you to answer or wait for your voicemail to hear you say your name... That happened to one of my buddies that literally just started his job the week American Express called him but his voicemail message still belonged to the person before him (voicemail said, "Hi you've reached Jim, etc." but my friend's name is Sean). I never asked what happened though. Lol.

Message 5 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

Never had one to my knowledge call.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

They did but this was over 10 years. Since then, I don't put my work number. I usually put the reason why in the additional info box if its online or explain the reason why to the CSR. Never had a problem since.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.